Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Achilles and ESWT

Posted by J Malone on 9/24/02 at 16:36 (096123)

I have had major trouble with both my achilles. After 2 surgeries (haglunds and 'debrisment' of the achilles my left one is in decent shape. The right one is giving the same trouble as the left had before and recently ortho said he could feel a small tear in it? Said stay off of it so I didn't have to go through surgeries again. Is ESWT an option after giving this minor tear time to heal? I don't want to be semi crippled for the rest of my life at 30. Thanks much

Re: Achilles and ESWT

Dr. Z on 9/24/02 at 20:36 (096141)

ESWT has been used in our group for the past three years. The indications are that the achilles tendon pain be located where the tendon inserts into the back of the heel bone. As for the tear that has to be evaluated to determine if ESWT can still be performed. An Ultrasound and or mri with hands on evaluation will determine this. If there is any additional information just ask or contact our group at (email removed) for an information packet

Re: Achilles and ESWT

Dr. Z on 9/24/02 at 20:36 (096141)

ESWT has been used in our group for the past three years. The indications are that the achilles tendon pain be located where the tendon inserts into the back of the heel bone. As for the tear that has to be evaluated to determine if ESWT can still be performed. An Ultrasound and or mri with hands on evaluation will determine this. If there is any additional information just ask or contact our group at (email removed) for an information packet