Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NY Times article

Posted by Leon S. on 9/24/02 at 17:52 (096126)

In today's NY Times Science section, there was an article about an Australian study that was just released saying that the shock wave therapy is basically no better than a placebo. They studied two groups of people who are suffering from PF and found that the group that made use of the shock wave therapy did just as well as the control group. For those interested and don't have access to the paper, you can get the article on line by going to nytimes.com and typing in plantar faciitis in the search box for today's date.

Remember, I'm just the messenger.

Re: NY Times article

Diana S. on 9/24/02 at 21:27 (096154)

I read the same article in the Dallas, TX newspaper while on vacation there! I was thinking of a trip to Canada for this treatment??

john h on 9/24/02 at 21:28 (096155)

Leon the same article was in the USA Today last week. I think it was Wed or Thursday. You can go on line http://www.usatoday.com and look at the back issures and read it. The Doctor from Mass General who reported on the studies did say he would contiune to use ESWT.

Nancy N on 9/24/02 at 22:36 (096159)

I think (but am not sure and am too tired to check for sure) that there's been a lenghty discussion about this study on the ESWT board.

R C on 9/25/02 at 21:11 (096238)

Forget the shockwaves -- how do I get my hands on that placebo! ; )

Diana S. on 9/24/02 at 21:27 (096154)

I read the same article in the Dallas, TX newspaper while on vacation there! I was thinking of a trip to Canada for this treatment??

john h on 9/24/02 at 21:28 (096155)

Leon the same article was in the USA Today last week. I think it was Wed or Thursday. You can go on line http://www.usatoday.com and look at the back issures and read it. The Doctor from Mass General who reported on the studies did say he would contiune to use ESWT.

Nancy N on 9/24/02 at 22:36 (096159)

I think (but am not sure and am too tired to check for sure) that there's been a lenghty discussion about this study on the ESWT board.

R C on 9/25/02 at 21:11 (096238)

Forget the shockwaves -- how do I get my hands on that placebo! ; )