Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Numb Small Toe - only symptom

Posted by Tim H on 9/25/02 at 10:47 (096187)

TTS Posters - Pleasse Help !

Surgery has been recommended for me after some failed cortisone shots .....

I have numbness on the outside of the bottom of my foot and it includes a 'perfectly numb' small toe. Sometimes after a lot of walking a second toe gets numb, (sometimes even a third toe).

Fortunately I do not have pain, just NUMBNESS. Is the numbness a pre-cusor to the pain ? And for the post-surgery folks, did the surgery meet your expectations and/or include a can of worms ?

Tim

Re: Numb Small Toe - only symptom

Cheri A on 9/25/02 at 19:55 (096227)

The first sympton I had was numbness. I had it for a while before the pain started. I don't know if everyone started that way, but I did. I had surgery in 2000 knowing that the success rate was not that high. I got minimal relief (I think I waited too long), and I am left with permanent pain, numbness, and loss of flexibility. I don't regret having the surgery, because I am better than I was. I had some symptons return, but not to the degree it was before.
If you have been diagnosed with TTS, it is my personal opinion that you should go ahead with it because if you wait too long, you have less chance of success. Good luck to you.

wendyn on 9/29/02 at 13:50 (096440)

Tim, have you had an MRI to determine what may be causing the problem?

Cheri A on 9/25/02 at 19:55 (096227)

The first sympton I had was numbness. I had it for a while before the pain started. I don't know if everyone started that way, but I did. I had surgery in 2000 knowing that the success rate was not that high. I got minimal relief (I think I waited too long), and I am left with permanent pain, numbness, and loss of flexibility. I don't regret having the surgery, because I am better than I was. I had some symptons return, but not to the degree it was before.
If you have been diagnosed with TTS, it is my personal opinion that you should go ahead with it because if you wait too long, you have less chance of success. Good luck to you.

wendyn on 9/29/02 at 13:50 (096440)

Tim, have you had an MRI to determine what may be causing the problem?