Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

EWST for no spur?

Posted by JC1 on 9/25/02 at 11:36 (096196)

I have chronic PF (5+ years) but no xray, mri, or doctor has ever
said I had a spur. Is EWST strictly for spurs or am I possibly
a candidate for EWST? I also have TTS. Am I still a candidate?

Re: EWST for no spur?

Dr. Z on 9/25/02 at 19:12 (096224)

ESWT is for insertional plantar fasciitis with or with a bone spur. There are no studies concerning the outcome with pf and associated TTS. You will need to have your foot evaluationed to determine the TTS and its relationship to the chronic pf

john h on 9/28/02 at 17:53 (096394)

jci: lots of people have PF with no spurs and lots of people have spurs with no PF. spurs can be a symptom of PF but not in all or most cases. ESWT will not remove spurs. Spurs are unlikel to cause your PF pain but are merely a symptom of PF.

Dr. Z on 9/25/02 at 19:12 (096224)

ESWT is for insertional plantar fasciitis with or with a bone spur. There are no studies concerning the outcome with pf and associated TTS. You will need to have your foot evaluationed to determine the TTS and its relationship to the chronic pf

john h on 9/28/02 at 17:53 (096394)

jci: lots of people have PF with no spurs and lots of people have spurs with no PF. spurs can be a symptom of PF but not in all or most cases. ESWT will not remove spurs. Spurs are unlikel to cause your PF pain but are merely a symptom of PF.