Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar Fybromytosis

Posted by Michele on 9/25/02 at 14:42 (096208)

Hi,
Has anyone ever experienced anything called Plantar Fybromytosis ? What it is, is I have a lump along the tendon in the arch (s) of my feet.
Apparently the lump of tissue is not attached to anything (it is free floating) and lies between the layer of muscle and the layer of fat in the arch of my feet.
It is quite puzzling as the the doctor has said it could have formed from an injury, but there has been no injuries to my feet to have caused this ?

I am starting physio to see if some kind of laser treatment will take care of the problem or alleviate the pain. If that doesn't work the doctor wants to inject (which I'm opposed to) the lumps with Cortizone.

Any kind of info. would be helpfull.
Thanks
MIchele

Re: plantar Fybromytosis

Mar on 9/25/02 at 17:01 (096212)

This sounds like what I have in my left arch. How long have you had the pain? Mine was extremely painful for about 6 months. Now it doesn't hurt but is still there. Mar

Re: plantar Fybromytosis

Mar on 9/25/02 at 17:01 (096212)

This sounds like what I have in my left arch. How long have you had the pain? Mine was extremely painful for about 6 months. Now it doesn't hurt but is still there. Mar