Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoes

Posted by Susan M on 9/25/02 at 20:01 (096228)

I am looking for the best choices for shoes to wear to help alleviate the pain of PF. It is a nuisance to slip on tennis shoes just to make a potty run in the middle of the night! I've heard Bikenstock is a good brand, but which models? What about tennis shoe brands? Thanks for any advice you can give me. Susan

Re: Shoes

Janet F on 9/26/02 at 07:29 (096255)

Susan,

You have read my mind. I am looking for shoes also and have looked on line at the various recommendations from this site, namely, mephisto, birks and seibel. But I have no idea what style of shoe will be right. I am wearing New Balance 775's but they are not very stylish. I agree with you about getting out of bed at night and putting on sneakers. I am afraid that if I don't lace them up I will wind up tripping on the laces. Let's keep in touch with each other when we get any info on shoes.

Re: Janet and Susan...

Suzanne D on 9/26/02 at 20:35 (096283)

Hello to both of you! I've had PF for 16 months (much improved) and have read this board for a little over a year. From the posters here, I learned of Birkenstocks and bought a pair of Arizona sandals. Although there are many styles to choose from, the Arizona is a basic style and one recommended most often. It's a good place to start. It's a slip-on sandal with no back strap - easy to put on in the night and first thing in the morning. It's best to try them on in a store first rather than ordering your first pair on-line if possible.

Good luck to you both!

Suzanne :-)

Stephanie on 9/27/02 at 08:09 (096312)

Birkenstock sandles are good support for me with PF. I use them as my house shoes. I have a high arch so I was limited to (2) styles at the time to pick from. I bought the Wupper they have a high arch support. Im still recovering from PF surgery that was 9 months ago, 1 foot at a time. I only last about 2 hours on my feet and then they are sore and I must get off them. I thought I would be all cured by now but I am not. I tried all treatment for PF to help fix my feet for a year till I decided on surgery. I am much better than I was before surgery but Im begining to worry how much longer till Im cured. Im slowely getting back to my old self of activities: walking, country dancing, going outlet shopping Ha Ha, and low impact aerobics. Please email me with your PF story. Thanks

Janet F on 9/26/02 at 07:29 (096255)

Susan,

You have read my mind. I am looking for shoes also and have looked on line at the various recommendations from this site, namely, mephisto, birks and seibel. But I have no idea what style of shoe will be right. I am wearing New Balance 775's but they are not very stylish. I agree with you about getting out of bed at night and putting on sneakers. I am afraid that if I don't lace them up I will wind up tripping on the laces. Let's keep in touch with each other when we get any info on shoes.

Re: Janet and Susan...

Suzanne D on 9/26/02 at 20:35 (096283)

Hello to both of you! I've had PF for 16 months (much improved) and have read this board for a little over a year. From the posters here, I learned of Birkenstocks and bought a pair of Arizona sandals. Although there are many styles to choose from, the Arizona is a basic style and one recommended most often. It's a good place to start. It's a slip-on sandal with no back strap - easy to put on in the night and first thing in the morning. It's best to try them on in a store first rather than ordering your first pair on-line if possible.

Good luck to you both!

Suzanne :-)

Stephanie on 9/27/02 at 08:09 (096312)

Birkenstock sandles are good support for me with PF. I use them as my house shoes. I have a high arch so I was limited to (2) styles at the time to pick from. I bought the Wupper they have a high arch support. Im still recovering from PF surgery that was 9 months ago, 1 foot at a time. I only last about 2 hours on my feet and then they are sore and I must get off them. I thought I would be all cured by now but I am not. I tried all treatment for PF to help fix my feet for a year till I decided on surgery. I am much better than I was before surgery but Im begining to worry how much longer till Im cured. Im slowely getting back to my old self of activities: walking, country dancing, going outlet shopping Ha Ha, and low impact aerobics. Please email me with your PF story. Thanks