Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What do you think?

Posted by Joopie on 9/25/02 at 21:59 (096243)

Had plantar fasciotomy in 2000. Both feet. Right is fine. Left is a pain in the...foot. Most recent doc thinks it might be tarsal tunnel, but there was NO pain when he plunked the nerve area with his little hammer. I get pain all through the arch, up to my ball of my foot. It shoots sharply, then burns. Occasionally I can feel a burn up to the inside of my ankle. And the cuboid area is awfully sore, especially if it gets manipulated by the doc. It shoots sharply and then burns, too. The more I am on my feet the worse it gets. Also, if I've been on my feet alot, and sit down, it hurts when I get up, even if it's been a long stretch of sitting.

I am currently in a cam-walker for 5 weeks. If it doesn't help (and I can tell you, any time out of the walker and it starts to hurt again), he mentioned injections, but if the pain is widespread (and waxes and wans sometimes) WHERE would he put the injection? I have been casted, cam-walkered, poked pulled and prodded, all with differing opinions.

Should I ask for an MRI to pinpoint the problem areas? Do you think it would reveal much? I see my doc in two weeks. I feel like I have gotten a number of opinions and nothing that has helped in the long run. Any ideas or opinions from you would be very much appreciated. Getting awfully tires of not being able to go for walks...

Thank you so much in advance. - Joopie
Joopie

Re: What do you think?

Dr. Z on 9/26/02 at 04:09 (096245)

This is from compensation due to the release of both plantar fascia's. The plantar fascia is the main suport structure in the human foot. So we are coming up to two years post pf release?. Yes an MRI may help but from my experience you need support of your foot. What other treatments have been done.?

Re: What do you think?

Dr. Z on 9/26/02 at 04:09 (096245)

This is from compensation due to the release of both plantar fascia's. The plantar fascia is the main suport structure in the human foot. So we are coming up to two years post pf release?. Yes an MRI may help but from my experience you need support of your foot. What other treatments have been done.?