Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

~~Pedicures~~

Posted by Necee on 9/26/02 at 01:25 (096244)

I got my first pedicure today when I went to get my hair done. It felt SO GOOD! I got 'the works', even put some sort of green cream on my feet that looked something like avacado, then she massaged my toes and feet, I felt like I was in heaven!!! I never pamper myself, I usually do my own nails and toenails, but today I just wanted something special, so I treated myself. After all, I work hard on my feet all week and they deserve it! I certainly could get use to that type of treatment. I'm curious, do any of you gals get pedicures on a regular basis?

Happy trails.....
Necee

Re: ~~Pedicures~~

Kathy G on 9/26/02 at 08:33 (096257)

Necee,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your pedicure. It's so nice to indulge yourself occasionally. No, I've never gotten one but I have a good reason. I don't seem to have any toenails to speak of. Oh, I mean they're kind of there but they're small and weak and horrible looking. God was feeling playful the day he created my feet - he couldn't have been serious! I don't even have baby toenails, just a little slits with a bit of a nail. I've never used a clippers to cut my toenails in my life, mostly if they need anything done, I can just peel them or use a manicure scissors. I've never put polish on my toenails because obviously I've never wanted to call attention to them. On the other hand, until stupid PF, I always wore sandals and just figured if anyone looked at my feet, they'd just think, 'Man, are they ugly!!!' When he created the rest of my body, he wasn't in the same mood, so I can't really complain!

My sisters have both had pedicures and manicures and really enjoy them. One of my sisters gets a manicure on a fairly regular basis. No, my fingernails aren't much better so I've never done that, either!

Mahatmelissama on 9/26/02 at 10:04 (096265)

I get them. It used to hurt whenever the lady massaged my feet or pulled the toes back. Now, I am ok with that (getting better!) :D

wendyn on 9/26/02 at 20:39 (096284)

I don't get them regularly BUT I LOVE THEM.

Re: Thanks gals! I thought I was the only one who never has had a pedicure....now I don't feel so weird after all!! (NM)

Necee on 9/26/02 at 23:47 (096298)

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: Thanks gals! I thought I was the only one who never has had a pedicure....now I don't feel so weird after all!! (NM)

nancy s. on 9/27/02 at 21:47 (096366)

how did i miss this winsome thread? extra reassurance for you, necee: i'm weirder than you when it comes to pedicures. i've never had one and never will, because the idea of someone messing with my toenails sends me through the ceiling. even cutting them myself gives me the willies!

never had a manicure either, because i bite my fingernails. it's so cheap and efficient.

my favorite pampering-type treat is a facial, which i get about every five years.

nancy

Re: We're even

wendyn on 9/27/02 at 23:26 (096369)

Nancy, because I've never had a facial!

Suzanne D on 9/28/02 at 15:01 (096391)

I've never had a pedicure but have paid to have my fingernails painted twice. It wasn't an actual manicure with all the soaking, etc., but I paid to have them polished after I got my hair cut.

I polish my nails fairly consistently as I like it and so do my little first grade girls! :-) They notice everything.

Suzanne :-)

nancy s. on 9/29/02 at 10:14 (096424)

wendy, you're in for a treat, then. next time you have a little cash to pamper yourself, try a facial. it feels GREAT. you don't know what a clean face is till you've had a facial. it's also very relaxing while it's happening.
nancy

JudyS on 9/30/02 at 09:14 (096508)

Ditto that, Nancy S - I've never had a pedicure and never will. Someone even gave me a gift certificate for one once and I convinced the manicurist to do my fingernails instead - and even that was the one and only time I've ever had a professional manicure! I don't know - there's just something about having a stranger messing with my feet (except, of course, my tall, dark and handsome chiropractor....)....and I just can't seem to part with the money it takes to have someone do my nails at all.
How's your post-season antiquing?

Kathy G on 9/26/02 at 08:33 (096257)

Necee,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your pedicure. It's so nice to indulge yourself occasionally. No, I've never gotten one but I have a good reason. I don't seem to have any toenails to speak of. Oh, I mean they're kind of there but they're small and weak and horrible looking. God was feeling playful the day he created my feet - he couldn't have been serious! I don't even have baby toenails, just a little slits with a bit of a nail. I've never used a clippers to cut my toenails in my life, mostly if they need anything done, I can just peel them or use a manicure scissors. I've never put polish on my toenails because obviously I've never wanted to call attention to them. On the other hand, until stupid PF, I always wore sandals and just figured if anyone looked at my feet, they'd just think, 'Man, are they ugly!!!' When he created the rest of my body, he wasn't in the same mood, so I can't really complain!

My sisters have both had pedicures and manicures and really enjoy them. One of my sisters gets a manicure on a fairly regular basis. No, my fingernails aren't much better so I've never done that, either!

Mahatmelissama on 9/26/02 at 10:04 (096265)

I get them. It used to hurt whenever the lady massaged my feet or pulled the toes back. Now, I am ok with that (getting better!) :D

wendyn on 9/26/02 at 20:39 (096284)

I don't get them regularly BUT I LOVE THEM.

Necee on 9/26/02 at 23:47 (096298)

Happy trails...

Necee

nancy s. on 9/27/02 at 21:47 (096366)

how did i miss this winsome thread? extra reassurance for you, necee: i'm weirder than you when it comes to pedicures. i've never had one and never will, because the idea of someone messing with my toenails sends me through the ceiling. even cutting them myself gives me the willies!

never had a manicure either, because i bite my fingernails. it's so cheap and efficient.

my favorite pampering-type treat is a facial, which i get about every five years.

nancy

wendyn on 9/27/02 at 23:26 (096369)

Nancy, because I've never had a facial!

Suzanne D on 9/28/02 at 15:01 (096391)

I've never had a pedicure but have paid to have my fingernails painted twice. It wasn't an actual manicure with all the soaking, etc., but I paid to have them polished after I got my hair cut.

I polish my nails fairly consistently as I like it and so do my little first grade girls! :-) They notice everything.

Suzanne :-)

nancy s. on 9/29/02 at 10:14 (096424)

wendy, you're in for a treat, then. next time you have a little cash to pamper yourself, try a facial. it feels GREAT. you don't know what a clean face is till you've had a facial. it's also very relaxing while it's happening.
nancy

JudyS on 9/30/02 at 09:14 (096508)

Ditto that, Nancy S - I've never had a pedicure and never will. Someone even gave me a gift certificate for one once and I convinced the manicurist to do my fingernails instead - and even that was the one and only time I've ever had a professional manicure! I don't know - there's just something about having a stranger messing with my feet (except, of course, my tall, dark and handsome chiropractor....)....and I just can't seem to part with the money it takes to have someone do my nails at all.
How's your post-season antiquing?