Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Curious...has anybody met anyone while having PF and dated them?

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 9/26/02 at 10:07 (096266)

I have no energy to date and no hot prospects...but I was just wondering. I talked to a fellow sufferer of PF (4 years like me) and she too doesn't date since it takes too much energy.

I am just curious. I know Scott burns up the town in Georgia as a hunk of burning love...but it appears he is almost if not all the way cured (or has it under control).;)

Re: Curious...has anybody met anyone while having PF and dated them?

Carole C in NOLA on 9/26/02 at 10:31 (096268)

Yes, I met someone right at the height of my PF. It was right after Bobbie broke off with me (which was in early December). My worst months of PF were November, December, and January and early February. It was Christmastime, and I met Leo on the internet and we dated about three or four times and then broke up. It doubly broke my heart because I was a little vulnerable and had developed a big crush on Leo, plus I was still hurting from breaking up with Bobbie. I thought Leo was THE ONE, and he was just a big jerk.

So, I DID it but I can't say it was too successful. I wore my Birkenstocks, and Leo said he was familiar with PF.

I met a couple of other people from the internet in January and February, but nothing clicked.

Then I decided to just take a break from dating and I've been just keeping in touch with Frank by e-mail. Frank is a guy I dated before any of these men, but Frank moved to Connecticut. We still enjoy writing e-mails and he isn't dating either. He just bought a house back there so I doubt it will lead to anything. If he were here, or if Bobbie asked me out again, I'd go out. But then, by now, I'm nearly healed.

Carole

Re: Heelspurs first "personal" ad !!!!

BrianG on 9/26/02 at 21:25 (096289)

Well yes, this could be just what the doctor ordered. We can get Scott to set up a new category, for personals :*)
Of course studs like Scott who are almost cured, would obvioulsly have to be banned, or given some kind of handicapp. Lets see, I'll start, as my time could be running out :*)

SWM, older than 35, younger than 55, have had chronic heel pain for 9 years, but still able to get out for exciting adventures like food shopping, the doctors office and the pharmacy once a month. I am into the outdoors, and high adventure, as long as the chair lift runs to the summit all summer. I am looking for self reliant SWF, same age group, who should like nice country drives (to the food market, and sometimes the health food store). An added bonus would be someone who enjoys long walks on the beach (at least 75' from the beer & clam shack, to the ocean and back :*) A source of income: PT work, WC, SSD, welfare, food stamps, would all be a bonus. Willing to travel, if you are on the local bus route. Pets OK. Friends first, bedridden later. :*)

Have boat, will travel
BrianG

Carole C in NOLA on 9/26/02 at 22:48 (096292)

But Brian, you didn't say what part of the country that bus route is in! :)

Mahatmelissama, what do you want to bet he lives in someplace like Madagascar, Chicago, or New Brunswick? LOL

Carole C

Re: But who would stand up the bar to get the drinks ?

Pete on 9/27/02 at 06:39 (096303)

Date someone with pf ? No way. They may sympathise, but who'd do all the running around for you ? They'd also moan about the pain as well !!

Re: 2nd personal

scott on 9/27/02 at 06:42 (096304)

35 SWM currently cheating on 5 different women and looking for 5 more. I hate taking baths and insist on wearing ONLY a tie-dye wherever I go. I think it's a sin to wear shirts that have been washed. I'm pale, skinny, and bald.

Carole C in NOLA on 9/27/02 at 08:46 (096318)

Nobody does all the running around for me now, so what would be the difference?

Besides, a guy with PF wouldn't feel gypped if I didn't want to go mountain climbing or something like that. He'd probably be happy to watch a DVD with me instead. Sounds great to me!

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 9/27/02 at 08:48 (096320)

Gosh, Scott. I think I'll pass! 35 is just too young for me. LOL

Carole C

Re: Y'all are just too much!

Mahatmelissama on 9/27/02 at 09:29 (096327)

LOL

dave r on 9/27/02 at 12:49 (096345)

I met my girlfriend 4 years ago when i couldnt even walk. Talk about coincidental? I was asking her for help at my last job. i never talked to her before that. Anyhow we hit it off. I think she felt sorry for me....

Re: Heelspurs first "personal" ad is a DUD !!

BrianG on 9/29/02 at 20:57 (096486)

OK, forget the bus route deal!!! I'm still waiting....
I thought by now my e-mail would be full, how disapointing! Boy am I glad I didn't hold my breath, pain forums are NOT the place to meet new and interesting people :*(

OK, I take that back, I have met some extremely caring and honest people through HS.com. I won't name name's, but you know who you are, thanks to all :*)

BrianG

Dr. Z on 9/30/02 at 00:17 (096491)

Podiatrist, looking for a pair of cute feet. I am told I am really considerate and know how to treat a pair of feet . Only serious feet apply. I don't mind if you don't wear socks but shoes are must.

JudyS on 9/30/02 at 09:20 (096510)

Cute Feet Inc., that's me, Doc! The three of us are on our way....

Suzanne D on 9/30/02 at 21:56 (096559)

Your ad made me smile, Brian! Thanks for keeping your sense of humor even while in pain. That - along with always being ready to help others - makes you a special person here.

Suzanne :-)

BrianG on 9/30/02 at 22:05 (096561)

Thanks Teach, I take it you got that box of New England apples that I Fed Ex'd to you last week :*)

Suzanne D on 9/30/02 at 22:07 (096562)

Of course! Now I await a delivery of Carole's apple bananas! :-)

john h on 10/01/02 at 08:51 (096589)

I went to dinner with Barb and Judy and Nancy N. Does that count? I even got to ride in the back seat with Barb while Judy drove and Nancy played navigator. First time I rode in the backseat with a girl since highschool. Barb had just been operated on by Dr. Z and would not fool around.

JudyS on 10/01/02 at 11:16 (096599)

Ha! Tex Barb was even on pain-killers and she would still not fool around! A real Texas lady, she, and we were all better off for her sweet-temperedness that weekend.
Nen, John, do ya'll remember the double traffic-circle from hell? Or did it just seem that way because I was the one driving?
Then too was the spare role of toilet paper TexBarb had Nen carry for her.....

dave r on 10/01/02 at 12:07 (096600)

All of us old timers from the board should try to fit in one vehicle.
With doctor Z driving. And maybe Carmen with her animals playing shotgun.
Now THAT would be funny...........

Carole C in NOLA on 10/01/02 at 17:20 (096632)

On their way! Lili will speed them to you shortly. :)

Carole C

Nancy N on 10/01/02 at 17:32 (096636)

Judy--

That truly is the circle from hell. Supposedly, NJ is phasing them out and replacing them with traffic lights, but they have their work cut out for them at that spot! And how could I possibly forget the TP I carried to dinner! Boy, they must've wondered about us, especially after we made the poor cook sing the menu for us just in time to lose his voice!

John missed out on the shoo-fly pie on our second trip, but maybe I could manage another one if we manage to meet up again ;)

john h on 10/02/02 at 09:06 (096695)

I will never forget the traffic circle from hell. How many exits were in that circle? I need to look but I think Scott posted a picture of our big dinner party that Dr. Z and his wife had for us with singing waiter and all. To bad Steve P left early I would have enjoyed his company as I was overwhelmed with women everywhere-everywhere!

JudyS on 10/02/02 at 09:27 (096700)

Oh yes, John, you were clearly in agony....:)

Carole C in NOLA on 9/26/02 at 10:31 (096268)

Yes, I met someone right at the height of my PF. It was right after Bobbie broke off with me (which was in early December). My worst months of PF were November, December, and January and early February. It was Christmastime, and I met Leo on the internet and we dated about three or four times and then broke up. It doubly broke my heart because I was a little vulnerable and had developed a big crush on Leo, plus I was still hurting from breaking up with Bobbie. I thought Leo was THE ONE, and he was just a big jerk.

So, I DID it but I can't say it was too successful. I wore my Birkenstocks, and Leo said he was familiar with PF.

I met a couple of other people from the internet in January and February, but nothing clicked.

Then I decided to just take a break from dating and I've been just keeping in touch with Frank by e-mail. Frank is a guy I dated before any of these men, but Frank moved to Connecticut. We still enjoy writing e-mails and he isn't dating either. He just bought a house back there so I doubt it will lead to anything. If he were here, or if Bobbie asked me out again, I'd go out. But then, by now, I'm nearly healed.

Carole

BrianG on 9/26/02 at 21:25 (096289)

Well yes, this could be just what the doctor ordered. We can get Scott to set up a new category, for personals :*)
Of course studs like Scott who are almost cured, would obvioulsly have to be banned, or given some kind of handicapp. Lets see, I'll start, as my time could be running out :*)

SWM, older than 35, younger than 55, have had chronic heel pain for 9 years, but still able to get out for exciting adventures like food shopping, the doctors office and the pharmacy once a month. I am into the outdoors, and high adventure, as long as the chair lift runs to the summit all summer. I am looking for self reliant SWF, same age group, who should like nice country drives (to the food market, and sometimes the health food store). An added bonus would be someone who enjoys long walks on the beach (at least 75' from the beer & clam shack, to the ocean and back :*) A source of income: PT work, WC, SSD, welfare, food stamps, would all be a bonus. Willing to travel, if you are on the local bus route. Pets OK. Friends first, bedridden later. :*)

Have boat, will travel
BrianG

Carole C in NOLA on 9/26/02 at 22:48 (096292)

But Brian, you didn't say what part of the country that bus route is in! :)

Mahatmelissama, what do you want to bet he lives in someplace like Madagascar, Chicago, or New Brunswick? LOL

Carole C

Pete on 9/27/02 at 06:39 (096303)

Date someone with pf ? No way. They may sympathise, but who'd do all the running around for you ? They'd also moan about the pain as well !!

scott on 9/27/02 at 06:42 (096304)

35 SWM currently cheating on 5 different women and looking for 5 more. I hate taking baths and insist on wearing ONLY a tie-dye wherever I go. I think it's a sin to wear shirts that have been washed. I'm pale, skinny, and bald.

Carole C in NOLA on 9/27/02 at 08:46 (096318)

Nobody does all the running around for me now, so what would be the difference?

Besides, a guy with PF wouldn't feel gypped if I didn't want to go mountain climbing or something like that. He'd probably be happy to watch a DVD with me instead. Sounds great to me!

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 9/27/02 at 08:48 (096320)

Gosh, Scott. I think I'll pass! 35 is just too young for me. LOL

Carole C

Re: Y'all are just too much!

Mahatmelissama on 9/27/02 at 09:29 (096327)

LOL

dave r on 9/27/02 at 12:49 (096345)

I met my girlfriend 4 years ago when i couldnt even walk. Talk about coincidental? I was asking her for help at my last job. i never talked to her before that. Anyhow we hit it off. I think she felt sorry for me....

BrianG on 9/29/02 at 20:57 (096486)

OK, forget the bus route deal!!! I'm still waiting....
I thought by now my e-mail would be full, how disapointing! Boy am I glad I didn't hold my breath, pain forums are NOT the place to meet new and interesting people :*(

OK, I take that back, I have met some extremely caring and honest people through HS.com. I won't name name's, but you know who you are, thanks to all :*)

BrianG

Dr. Z on 9/30/02 at 00:17 (096491)

Podiatrist, looking for a pair of cute feet. I am told I am really considerate and know how to treat a pair of feet . Only serious feet apply. I don't mind if you don't wear socks but shoes are must.

JudyS on 9/30/02 at 09:20 (096510)

Cute Feet Inc., that's me, Doc! The three of us are on our way....

Suzanne D on 9/30/02 at 21:56 (096559)

Your ad made me smile, Brian! Thanks for keeping your sense of humor even while in pain. That - along with always being ready to help others - makes you a special person here.

BrianG on 9/30/02 at 22:05 (096561)

Thanks Teach, I take it you got that box of New England apples that I Fed Ex'd to you last week :*)

Suzanne D on 9/30/02 at 22:07 (096562)

Of course! Now I await a delivery of Carole's apple bananas! :-)

john h on 10/01/02 at 08:51 (096589)

I went to dinner with Barb and Judy and Nancy N. Does that count? I even got to ride in the back seat with Barb while Judy drove and Nancy played navigator. First time I rode in the backseat with a girl since highschool. Barb had just been operated on by Dr. Z and would not fool around.

JudyS on 10/01/02 at 11:16 (096599)

Ha! Tex Barb was even on pain-killers and she would still not fool around! A real Texas lady, she, and we were all better off for her sweet-temperedness that weekend.
Nen, John, do ya'll remember the double traffic-circle from hell? Or did it just seem that way because I was the one driving?
Then too was the spare role of toilet paper TexBarb had Nen carry for her.....

dave r on 10/01/02 at 12:07 (096600)

All of us old timers from the board should try to fit in one vehicle.
With doctor Z driving. And maybe Carmen with her animals playing shotgun.
Now THAT would be funny...........

Carole C in NOLA on 10/01/02 at 17:20 (096632)

On their way! Lili will speed them to you shortly. :)

Carole C

Nancy N on 10/01/02 at 17:32 (096636)

Judy--

That truly is the circle from hell. Supposedly, NJ is phasing them out and replacing them with traffic lights, but they have their work cut out for them at that spot! And how could I possibly forget the TP I carried to dinner! Boy, they must've wondered about us, especially after we made the poor cook sing the menu for us just in time to lose his voice!

John missed out on the shoo-fly pie on our second trip, but maybe I could manage another one if we manage to meet up again ;)

john h on 10/02/02 at 09:06 (096695)

I will never forget the traffic circle from hell. How many exits were in that circle? I need to look but I think Scott posted a picture of our big dinner party that Dr. Z and his wife had for us with singing waiter and all. To bad Steve P left early I would have enjoyed his company as I was overwhelmed with women everywhere-everywhere!

JudyS on 10/02/02 at 09:27 (096700)

Oh yes, John, you were clearly in agony....:)