Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Race

Posted by john h on 9/27/02 at 10:02 (096336)

Yesterday we had a great race in Little Rock. One of our TV anchor girls would race a young radio jock (age 26) who is in good shape up 42 flights of stairs in one of our local buildings. Since she is such a great runner she agreed to start at the top floor and race down the staris and then back up while he started at the bottom and only had to race to the top. I figured no way did she have a chance. She raced down and then passed him on the 32nd floor on the way up. She was hardly winded and is racing in a big marathon in Amsterdam next week for arthritis. Looking at her on TV I never figured her as a runner but she is obviously big time..

Re: Racing upstairs

Carole C in NOLA on 9/27/02 at 11:49 (096343)

John, I am amazed that any human can do that sort of thing without falling over dead. Utterly amazing.

Don't look for any posts about me doing anything like that! As they say down here, 'My mama didn't raise no fools!'

Carole C

Re: Race

dave r on 9/27/02 at 12:40 (096344)

i have a friend that does exactly that for 90 minutes a day. Five days a week. She runs up and down her basement stairs. She has been doing that for ten years......

nancy s. on 9/27/02 at 21:50 (096367)

ninety minutes a day, dave? wow. what does she do with her brain while this is going on? does she listen to music, compose emails in her mind, plan the rest of her day?

dave r on 9/30/02 at 07:14 (096495)

She listens to music. Its her way of relaxing. She has four kids and really looks great...She is very lucky

Re: Racing upstairs

Carole C in NOLA on 9/27/02 at 11:49 (096343)

John, I am amazed that any human can do that sort of thing without falling over dead. Utterly amazing.

Don't look for any posts about me doing anything like that! As they say down here, 'My mama didn't raise no fools!'

Carole C

dave r on 9/27/02 at 12:40 (096344)

i have a friend that does exactly that for 90 minutes a day. Five days a week. She runs up and down her basement stairs. She has been doing that for ten years......

nancy s. on 9/27/02 at 21:50 (096367)

ninety minutes a day, dave? wow. what does she do with her brain while this is going on? does she listen to music, compose emails in her mind, plan the rest of her day?

dave r on 9/30/02 at 07:14 (096495)

She listens to music. Its her way of relaxing. She has four kids and really looks great...She is very lucky