Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

nuerontin

Posted by Anthony F on 9/27/02 at 14:23 (096349)

Is this any good - and what's the general consenus about dosage...?

Re: nuerontin

kay on 9/27/02 at 19:07 (096358)

i tired it........couldn't get past two weeks because of dizziness and sleepy all the time.
kay

Dr. Z on 9/27/02 at 19:38 (096363)

very good for nerve pain especially neuropathy. Can be effective for the burning type pain. Dosage will depend on amount of relief usually up to 2400 mgs daily. Must titrate to response of pain reduciton

Joe S on 9/27/02 at 22:50 (096368)

I have had very good results prescribing this medication for nerve related pain as well. I will usually start out at a very low dose and titrate up as well. Most people tolerate the drowsiness alot better if you titrate up to a therapeutic level.

BrianJ on 9/28/02 at 09:56 (096375)

Neurontin reduced my burning heel pain by about 50%. I titrated (gradually worked up)to 1200 mg per day, and I don't have any side effects. Neurontin can be a good diagnostic tool -- If it helps relieve your pain, you may have a nerve issue instead of, or in addition to, PF.

trish e on 10/01/02 at 18:44 (096639)

iam currently taking 2700mg a day and i have been on this med now 5 months with no relief of heel pain.

Anthony F on 10/05/02 at 15:55 (096937)

I have had a reaction to this med it caused my mouth to dry up and my tongue and throat to swell during the night...?

Stephanie on 10/24/02 at 09:05 (098217)

I have PF Surgery one foot in Nov and the other in Dec 2001. I had some numbness in my Left foot after surgery so my doctor put me on Neurontin. The numbness went away but I still have pain. Ive been on Neurontin since January in different dose amounts. Now I am taking 800MG a day. I heard this medicine can be taking in a larger dose but my doctor has not changed my dose to try it. I still have pain after 2 hrs of being on my feet. My pain is worse when standing still than when walking around. My doctor thinks I have a nerve entrapment and I am schedules to have a Nerve Conduction Study done on Monday October 28. I hope this test sheds some light on why I still have quite a bit of pain. I will let you know how that goes. My only exercise these days is Deep Water Aerobics, no impact on the feet but my nerves in my feet are getting more sensitive and it boths me.

kay on 9/27/02 at 19:07 (096358)

i tired it........couldn't get past two weeks because of dizziness and sleepy all the time.
kay

Dr. Z on 9/27/02 at 19:38 (096363)

very good for nerve pain especially neuropathy. Can be effective for the burning type pain. Dosage will depend on amount of relief usually up to 2400 mgs daily. Must titrate to response of pain reduciton

Joe S on 9/27/02 at 22:50 (096368)

I have had very good results prescribing this medication for nerve related pain as well. I will usually start out at a very low dose and titrate up as well. Most people tolerate the drowsiness alot better if you titrate up to a therapeutic level.

BrianJ on 9/28/02 at 09:56 (096375)

Neurontin reduced my burning heel pain by about 50%. I titrated (gradually worked up)to 1200 mg per day, and I don't have any side effects. Neurontin can be a good diagnostic tool -- If it helps relieve your pain, you may have a nerve issue instead of, or in addition to, PF.

trish e on 10/01/02 at 18:44 (096639)

iam currently taking 2700mg a day and i have been on this med now 5 months with no relief of heel pain.

Anthony F on 10/05/02 at 15:55 (096937)

I have had a reaction to this med it caused my mouth to dry up and my tongue and throat to swell during the night...?

Stephanie on 10/24/02 at 09:05 (098217)

I have PF Surgery one foot in Nov and the other in Dec 2001. I had some numbness in my Left foot after surgery so my doctor put me on Neurontin. The numbness went away but I still have pain. Ive been on Neurontin since January in different dose amounts. Now I am taking 800MG a day. I heard this medicine can be taking in a larger dose but my doctor has not changed my dose to try it. I still have pain after 2 hrs of being on my feet. My pain is worse when standing still than when walking around. My doctor thinks I have a nerve entrapment and I am schedules to have a Nerve Conduction Study done on Monday October 28. I hope this test sheds some light on why I still have quite a bit of pain. I will let you know how that goes. My only exercise these days is Deep Water Aerobics, no impact on the feet but my nerves in my feet are getting more sensitive and it boths me.

darrell d on 11/20/05 at 20:17 (187859)

smoke a joint it is the best pain reliver of all time