Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

mortons neuroma

Posted by Kerry D on 9/29/02 at 20:25 (096483)

Hi there

I have a mortons neuroma between my 4th and 5th toe on my left foot. I have suffered the pain from it for about 6 months. I have tried the injections, new orthotics and they havent worked to aleviate the pain.
I went to a surgeon about a month ago and it seems my only option is surgery.

In the meantime for about 10 months I have been rubbing 100% emu oil into my feet every night because my big toe joints are slightly stiff because I had surgery 15th months ago to remove bunions. (very painful surgery).

About 3 weeks ago the pain from my neuroma has stopped. I can even wear high heel shoes that were impossible to wear only a month ago.

All I can put it down to is the emu oil. My feet feel fantastic.

No more pain - I rub the oil on every night before I go to bed.

I think I have found my miracle cure.

Regards Kerry

P.S. I bought my emu oil in a health shop - as long as its 100% pure oil it doesnt matter what brand it is.

Re: mortons neuroma

Carmen H on 9/30/02 at 15:11 (096533)

I wouldn't put those high heels on for anything if surgery was your only option...neuromas may 'feel' better but it's highly unlikley the oil cured the neuroma....so it may come back (I hope not!!!!) but be careful.
My mom suffered with them....heels are out of the question.

Leon S. on 9/30/02 at 17:10 (096542)

is that a male or female emu?

Kerry D on 10/01/02 at 03:53 (096575)

??????????????

ARE YOU BEING FUNNY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Carmen H on 9/30/02 at 15:11 (096533)

I wouldn't put those high heels on for anything if surgery was your only option...neuromas may 'feel' better but it's highly unlikley the oil cured the neuroma....so it may come back (I hope not!!!!) but be careful.
My mom suffered with them....heels are out of the question.

Leon S. on 9/30/02 at 17:10 (096542)

is that a male or female emu?

Kerry D on 10/01/02 at 03:53 (096575)

??????????????

ARE YOU BEING FUNNY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????