Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in the Lateral Part of Heel

Posted by Eva on 9/30/02 at 07:47 (096500)

Hi,

I have pain in the lateral part of the right heel. It began when I began an intense walking work-out. The pain is exactly opposite from the Scott's Heel Pain location which is in the medial side. I have tightness in my calf muscles. I do some stretching and it helped. I have also used ice and purchased new shoes - mainly Easy Spirit Euro Soles. Could this be Pf if it is a lateral pain? I have had this since last August. My doctor told me it was a sore muscle or sciatica. I have lower back pain but not the classic symptons of sciatica which are numbness, tingling and burning. Mine is just pain in the heel.

Re: Pain in the Lateral Part of Heel

dave r on 9/30/02 at 14:49 (096529)

Plantar fasciitis can be pain anywhere on the bottom of the heel. The plantar fascia does insert on the lateral side of the foot. Does your pain seem to move around?

Re: Pain in the Lateral Part of Heel

dave r on 9/30/02 at 14:49 (096529)

Plantar fasciitis can be pain anywhere on the bottom of the heel. The plantar fascia does insert on the lateral side of the foot. Does your pain seem to move around?