Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Newbie looking for shoes!

Posted by Delilah (Chicago) on 10/01/02 at 10:18 (096595)

Hey all. I am new to this board, but am looking for shoes/shoe store, specifically shoes that I can wear to work (office job, semi-professional semi-casual dress). No gym shoes or sandals (unfortunately!). I need soft soft soft soles. I can't wear the hard ones at all or I am unable to walk by the end of the day. I would like a store so that I can try them on. I am in the Chicago area. Does anyone know of any shoe stores here? I usually go to DSW, which is hit or miss with their brands.

I have pf going on 9 months now and am just starting treatment (night splint). Since I went to the Dr. and was told what I have I have been doing stretching exercises as much as possible and it has helped some. My two biggest problems: 1)Moved into a house with ALL hardwood or tile floors (except basement) 2)Pregancy - which caused unlost weight gain, and having to JUMP (crawl actually!) out of bed to tend to crying baby throughout the night with no time for stretching.

Any adivce on shoes would be most helpful!!! Thanks.

Re: Newbie looking for shoes!

Carmen H on 10/01/02 at 19:00 (096642)

1. Look into http://www.walkingco.com to see if there is a store near you.
2. Look into the Silicone orthotics by Dr. Kiper..they are super soft and sooo comfy!

Delilah (Chicago) on 10/02/02 at 09:51 (096707)

Carmen:

Thanks a bunch. I see there's a store not too far from me!!

D.

Carmen H on 10/01/02 at 19:00 (096642)

1. Look into http://www.walkingco.com to see if there is a store near you.
2. Look into the Silicone orthotics by Dr. Kiper..they are super soft and sooo comfy!

Delilah (Chicago) on 10/02/02 at 09:51 (096707)

Carmen:

Thanks a bunch. I see there's a store not too far from me!!

D.