Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Calves and Achilles -- my results

Posted by BryanS on 10/01/02 at 15:03 (096611)

Its been about a week since I started working on my knotted calves. My left one was the most tender. I eventually worked out the knots and got my calves to the point where they were not tender. I've also did the exercises to strengthen my 'stirrup' muscles.

Results: My achilles definately feels better. The calves have not knotted up again, and I will monitor their progress. My PF is about the same. It really only bothers me if I am on my feet for a while, and even then is not bad. I still feel little jolts of pain infrequently, usually when getting up after sitting a while.

Re: Calves and Achilles -- my results

Ellen J. on 10/04/02 at 09:49 (096866)

Interesting to hear about the knotted calves and your results. I know that my right calf is frequently knotted when I get up in the morning, which pulls on my achilles and fascia. I think I had better start working on my calf before getting up and walking with a stiff muscle, as I think I could be causing slight reinjury. I'm not sure if the tight calf causes the foot problem or if the foot problem causes the tight calf muscle. The chicken and egg story, I guess.
Ellen J.

Re: Calves and Achilles -- my results

Ellen J. on 10/04/02 at 09:49 (096866)

Interesting to hear about the knotted calves and your results. I know that my right calf is frequently knotted when I get up in the morning, which pulls on my achilles and fascia. I think I had better start working on my calf before getting up and walking with a stiff muscle, as I think I could be causing slight reinjury. I'm not sure if the tight calf causes the foot problem or if the foot problem causes the tight calf muscle. The chicken and egg story, I guess.
Ellen J.