Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cortizone shot gone bad??

Posted by sherri b. on 10/02/02 at 03:19 (096669)

In April of 02 I had been having heel pain for about 3 months. The doctor suggested that I have a cortizone shot into the heel. He administered half of the shot and the sringe bent so he removed the needle, got a new one and inserted it back into the heel and finished the shot. About four weeks later I noticed a very small cut on the bottom of my foot in the location of where the shot was given and I could see the red meat of my foot. It started to heal after about 3 weeks but when the skin began to cover the cut it started hurting tremendously. Now here I am all these months later and the injection site and where the cut was is about the size of a dime and very red but no streaking(infection). Since the injection a lump has formed above the red section and constantly feels like someone is stabbing me in that lump.I had an MRI done 6 weeks ago and the results showed that the lump isn't a mass but there is massive degeneration of the tissue right at the surface and little bit in. The tendons and ligaments and muscle looked okay. My doctor has NO idea what is wrong and I am going to ask him today to send me to see another doctor for a second opinion. But what do you think is going on here?????

Re: Cortizone shot gone bad??

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/04/02 at 09:15 (096861)

This is very unusal but here goes.

1. keloid scar tissue . Do you form thick scars anywhere else in the skin
2 Inclusive cyst. Due to a puncture wound.
That it off the top of my head

Re: Cortizone shot gone bad??

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/04/02 at 09:15 (096861)

This is very unusal but here goes.

1. keloid scar tissue . Do you form thick scars anywhere else in the skin
2 Inclusive cyst. Due to a puncture wound.
That it off the top of my head