Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Another Doctor, Another State

Posted by DJ on 10/03/02 at 09:12 (096792)

Stop 4 of my US tour took me to Charlotte, NC to see Dr. Robert Anderson at the Miller Clinic. After Dr. Baxter in Houston diagnosed me with medial nerve entrapment or 'Jogger's Foot' and Dr. Schon in Baltimore disagreed with the diagnosis, I was in need of another opinion. Without discussing with him Dr. Baxter or Schon's diagnosis, he told me that my symptoms sounded like 'joggers foot'. He did leave open the possibility that I may have plantar fasciitis so he recommended ESWT before going into surgery. Of all the doctors I've seen in six states, Dr Anderson gave me the most thorough and useful feedback. He was honest, unhurried, knowledgable, and very clear in his explanation and recommendations. He may be worth a visit for any fellow southern sufferers.

Re: Another Doctor, Another State

Leon S. on 10/04/02 at 16:08 (096896)

Are there symptoms of Joggers Foot that are different from PF?

DJ on 10/07/02 at 08:16 (097002)

Most cases of jogger's foot are characterized by a deep dull ache sometimes the pain is very sharp. Sometimes there is numbness and tingling but that isn't always the case. I don't have significant morning pain. My pain is worse after standing. One symptom I have which is alittle different with classic pf is that my foot feels better without a shoe or with a flip flop. The pain seems to be relieved by removing my show and massaging the area. Also, my pain is further forward in the foot and I have no pain in the heel. It is also not uncommon for nerve entrapments to not show up on an EMG test.

Leon S. on 10/04/02 at 16:08 (096896)

Are there symptoms of Joggers Foot that are different from PF?

DJ on 10/07/02 at 08:16 (097002)

Most cases of jogger's foot are characterized by a deep dull ache sometimes the pain is very sharp. Sometimes there is numbness and tingling but that isn't always the case. I don't have significant morning pain. My pain is worse after standing. One symptom I have which is alittle different with classic pf is that my foot feels better without a shoe or with a flip flop. The pain seems to be relieved by removing my show and massaging the area. Also, my pain is further forward in the foot and I have no pain in the heel. It is also not uncommon for nerve entrapments to not show up on an EMG test.