Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Custom Birk insoles--where can we get them?

Posted by Ellen J. on 10/06/02 at 11:29 (096976)

Hi all,
I think something happened to the thread about custom Birk insoles and am re-posting the question someone had about where we can get them. Do we go to a store that sells Birks, or would we order them from the Birk website?
Also, I noticed that this site carries a kit where you can custom fit the insoles by heating them up. Has anyone tried these and is the toe area of these insoles thin enough to fit into dress shoes? Are they soft and cushiony or hard?
Thanks for any pointers if anyone knows the answers.
Ellen J.

Re: Custom Birk insoles--where can we get them?

Kathy G on 10/07/02 at 09:14 (097009)

Hi Ellen,

I got my custom Birks from my podiatrist. I know that others on this site will post information on where they got theirs.

Good luck - I hope they work out for you!

Catherine B on 10/30/02 at 23:00 (098753)

I had a pair of custom birks sandals made by my Orthotist.

And he gave me an amazing deal!!! I got one pair of inserts ($485 covered by my school health plan) and then he also made the sandles, but only charged me materials - $75 bucks - he usually charges $450. He also re-soled and put new footbed covers in my old pair for free!
I know that last part isn't helpful, but I was very impressed.

Kathy G on 10/07/02 at 09:14 (097009)

Hi Ellen,

I got my custom Birks from my podiatrist. I know that others on this site will post information on where they got theirs.

Good luck - I hope they work out for you!

Catherine B on 10/30/02 at 23:00 (098753)

I had a pair of custom birks sandals made by my Orthotist.

And he gave me an amazing deal!!! I got one pair of inserts ($485 covered by my school health plan) and then he also made the sandles, but only charged me materials - $75 bucks - he usually charges $450. He also re-soled and put new footbed covers in my old pair for free!
I know that last part isn't helpful, but I was very impressed.