Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

For Ellen J.

Posted by Kathy G on 10/07/02 at 09:51 (097012)

Ellen,

I figured you might not see this as there have been a great deal of postings since yours about calf pain. I never personally experienced worse pain in the morning but if your peruse the boards, you'll see that the majority of people do. If you read the Heel Pain Book, you'll see that many people benefit from the use of a night splint. I wonder if that would help you. You might want to ask you Pod about it.

Yes, the orthotics are a godsend. I'm finding out just how much in that I've now been without them for 12 days and my achilles tendonitis, calf muscle cramps and all the evil foot pains are back and acute! I want my orthotics!!!

Take care and ask him about that leg length difference. I'll let you know when I get back my orthotics and have worn them for a week or two, if I notice any difference after mine have been adjusted.

Re: For Ellen J.

Ellen J. on 10/07/02 at 13:15 (097020)

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for your note. Luckily, my feet no longer hurt in the morning--I just get tight calf muscles on one leg. I'm doing yoga, etc. but I think I pulled an abdominal muscle doing the yoga yesterday. The lack of exercise over the past 3 yrs. has made me very stiff so now I plan to spend the winter carefully stretching (more carefully than I did yesterday).
Thanks for letting me know about the Birk insoles. I'm going to a new pod at the end of the month so I'll ask at that time.
Too bad your orthotics are taking awhile--seems like you had them fitted a couple of weeks ago, at least. Hope you get them soon!
Ellen J.

Re: For Ellen J.

Ellen J. on 10/07/02 at 13:15 (097020)

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for your note. Luckily, my feet no longer hurt in the morning--I just get tight calf muscles on one leg. I'm doing yoga, etc. but I think I pulled an abdominal muscle doing the yoga yesterday. The lack of exercise over the past 3 yrs. has made me very stiff so now I plan to spend the winter carefully stretching (more carefully than I did yesterday).
Thanks for letting me know about the Birk insoles. I'm going to a new pod at the end of the month so I'll ask at that time.
Too bad your orthotics are taking awhile--seems like you had them fitted a couple of weeks ago, at least. Hope you get them soon!
Ellen J.