Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Springbak insoles

Posted by rtam on 10/07/02 at 14:09 (097021)

Has anyone tried or even heard of 'springbak' insoles? I did do a search for it on these boards but it came back empty.
Their website has lists of well known teams, one of which was the UH-Hawaii vb team...which happens to have a player out with what was initially called PF but now diagnosed as a stress fracture.

Re: OR any other suggestions?

rtam on 10/12/02 at 04:22 (097366)

Since no one has responded to the above, can anyone suggest OTC insoles to prevent or heal PF, yet can be used for Vball and or BBall?
I really like the Powerstep insoles that I got off this site, but was concerned that actually jumping in them would shorten their life-plus they feel too hard to jump in, that they wouldn't have enough cushioning.
That is why I was looking for comments on the springbak insoles or similar.

Carole C in NOLA on 10/12/02 at 10:16 (097383)

You may not want to hear this, but it is meant to help as much as possible.

My suggestion would be that if your PF is still pretty painful, it would help a lot to stop playing volleyball and basketball and to rest your feet, so that they can completely heal. Limit your activities to no more than is absolutely necessary, and wear your PowerStep insoles for these activities since they do seem to be working for you. You might want to put them in a cushioned athletic shoe like the NB 879 or other cushioned shoe. When your feet have healed, you'll find that it doesn't take long to regain any muscle strength that you lose while resting.

The way I see it, PF is a pretty serious condition. It's not something to take lightly and it can be disabling if you don't actively work on treating it and allowing your feet to completely heal. The longer you've had it, the longer and more diligently you will have to treat it so that you can heal and get back to normal, pain free activities.

Carole C

Re: Thank you for your suggestions!

rtam on 10/12/02 at 13:00 (097396)

Actually, because of this website, I feel I am 98% percent healed. I did rest (no jumping sports) for 2 months and do not feel any pain on a normal day. However, lately I have been playing vball once a week and have some stiffness the next day. That is why I was looking for an insole to use. I usually use expensive +100$(bought on sale) bball shoes for volleyball anyway, they are adequately cushioned but ususally have relatively thin insoles compared to the OTC ones like spenco.

Carole C in NOLA on 10/12/02 at 14:32 (097398)

I'm glad that you feel you are 98% healed, do not normally feel ANY pain, and that your basketball shoes are already adequately cushioned! :)

Carole C

rtam on 10/12/02 at 04:22 (097366)

Since no one has responded to the above, can anyone suggest OTC insoles to prevent or heal PF, yet can be used for Vball and or BBall?
I really like the Powerstep insoles that I got off this site, but was concerned that actually jumping in them would shorten their life-plus they feel too hard to jump in, that they wouldn't have enough cushioning.
That is why I was looking for comments on the springbak insoles or similar.

Carole C in NOLA on 10/12/02 at 10:16 (097383)

You may not want to hear this, but it is meant to help as much as possible.

My suggestion would be that if your PF is still pretty painful, it would help a lot to stop playing volleyball and basketball and to rest your feet, so that they can completely heal. Limit your activities to no more than is absolutely necessary, and wear your PowerStep insoles for these activities since they do seem to be working for you. You might want to put them in a cushioned athletic shoe like the NB 879 or other cushioned shoe. When your feet have healed, you'll find that it doesn't take long to regain any muscle strength that you lose while resting.

The way I see it, PF is a pretty serious condition. It's not something to take lightly and it can be disabling if you don't actively work on treating it and allowing your feet to completely heal. The longer you've had it, the longer and more diligently you will have to treat it so that you can heal and get back to normal, pain free activities.

Carole C

rtam on 10/12/02 at 13:00 (097396)

Actually, because of this website, I feel I am 98% percent healed. I did rest (no jumping sports) for 2 months and do not feel any pain on a normal day. However, lately I have been playing vball once a week and have some stiffness the next day. That is why I was looking for an insole to use. I usually use expensive +100$(bought on sale) bball shoes for volleyball anyway, they are adequately cushioned but ususally have relatively thin insoles compared to the OTC ones like spenco.

Carole C in NOLA on 10/12/02 at 14:32 (097398)

I'm glad that you feel you are 98% healed, do not normally feel ANY pain, and that your basketball shoes are already adequately cushioned! :)

Carole C