Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

set back after eswt

Posted by niels l on 10/09/02 at 07:37 (097122)

After one month of improvement, i am now experiencing a major set back. My pain is now no less than before eswt, maybe even worse.

I have had 4 eswt low energy treatments in the period from 20. june to 31. july.

After 3 years of PF my patience is very little.

What should i do ? Should i try more eswt treatments ? Should try high energy eswt instead ? Or should i just wait and see ?

Niels

Re: set back after eswt

Dr. Z on 10/09/02 at 08:15 (097123)

Hi

Healing can take over twelve weeks. Some pateints will experience relieve for one month due to the analgesic effects of the shockwaves. The actual reparative period is over six weeks and sometime up to one years. If you aren't achieving any amount of pain relief between week 12 and week sixteen then a second round of treatment should be considered.

dave r on 10/09/02 at 08:17 (097124)

Niels, i too experianced more pain after a month of improvement. I had eswt on March 29th and was doing very well for a month. Then i went downhill for another 6 to 8 weeks. My pain level went up probably 20%.
After the 16 week i noticed improvements and continually improved for another 5 weeks. Since then i had another eswt treatment and i am going through the same setbacks. It been 6 and a half weeks and i too am having more pain. Probably 10% more. I prepared myself for this so it is no surprise. Just a little depressing thats all.
Hang in their. I hope that you will see some improvement in a month.

Dr. Z on 10/09/02 at 08:15 (097123)

Hi

Healing can take over twelve weeks. Some pateints will experience relieve for one month due to the analgesic effects of the shockwaves. The actual reparative period is over six weeks and sometime up to one years. If you aren't achieving any amount of pain relief between week 12 and week sixteen then a second round of treatment should be considered.

dave r on 10/09/02 at 08:17 (097124)

Niels, i too experianced more pain after a month of improvement. I had eswt on March 29th and was doing very well for a month. Then i went downhill for another 6 to 8 weeks. My pain level went up probably 20%.
After the 16 week i noticed improvements and continually improved for another 5 weeks. Since then i had another eswt treatment and i am going through the same setbacks. It been 6 and a half weeks and i too am having more pain. Probably 10% more. I prepared myself for this so it is no surprise. Just a little depressing thats all.
Hang in their. I hope that you will see some improvement in a month.