Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS and weight-bearing; question

Posted by AS1 on 10/09/02 at 08:57 (097128)

I have TTS (diagnosed by NCV test). The pain gets bad when I
I stand/walk; that is, when I am weight-bearing. I thought TTS
was a 'constant' pain, that has nothing to do w/weight bearing.
Am I right, wrong?

Re: TTS and weight-bearing; question

Sharon W on 10/09/02 at 17:16 (097155)

You would probably get an expert answer from one of the doctors, if you posted this on the 'Ask the Foot Doctors' board. I can only tell you what has been true for me: I've been dealing with TTS for over a year now and it seems like standing or walking (especially standing) always aggravates it.

Sharon

Lara T on 10/10/02 at 08:16 (097207)

My understanding (as a lay person) is anything that causes pressure on the nerve in the tarsal tunnel will aggravate it. I imagine that to some extent, the cause for the pressure would influence what makes things worse. For me, I've learned that flexing is the most critical thing. This means that standing is of minimal impact (although resting is better) and not as bad as driving a car. Walking (or more active) is worse.

RonB on 10/11/02 at 23:58 (097364)

Weight bearing activity will aggravate TTS.

ChrisM on 11/08/02 at 18:07 (099645)

you described my symptoms with TTS exactly. Pain when weight bearing. Standing worse than walking. I think this is very common. I have some lingering burning after getting off my feet but weight bearing is definitely the trigger.

good luck, ChrisM

Sharon W on 10/09/02 at 17:16 (097155)

You would probably get an expert answer from one of the doctors, if you posted this on the 'Ask the Foot Doctors' board. I can only tell you what has been true for me: I've been dealing with TTS for over a year now and it seems like standing or walking (especially standing) always aggravates it.

Sharon

Lara T on 10/10/02 at 08:16 (097207)

My understanding (as a lay person) is anything that causes pressure on the nerve in the tarsal tunnel will aggravate it. I imagine that to some extent, the cause for the pressure would influence what makes things worse. For me, I've learned that flexing is the most critical thing. This means that standing is of minimal impact (although resting is better) and not as bad as driving a car. Walking (or more active) is worse.

RonB on 10/11/02 at 23:58 (097364)

Weight bearing activity will aggravate TTS.

ChrisM on 11/08/02 at 18:07 (099645)

you described my symptoms with TTS exactly. Pain when weight bearing. Standing worse than walking. I think this is very common. I have some lingering burning after getting off my feet but weight bearing is definitely the trigger.

good luck, ChrisM