Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne and Necee

Posted by Carmen H on 10/09/02 at 17:57 (097160)

A victory! Franklin the Rott was to be put down Friday at 9:30...well he went to his new foster home Sunday! After much work and ....I found a woman at a rescue that had room by the grace of god. In Raleigh North Carolina!!!!! It was 10-11 hours away. So we had a home...but how to get him there? Now THAT was a challenge!
Sparing you the long drawn out story and many hours of typing and phone calls & begging...a lady with a huge heart offered to drive him to Raleigh (she too had a soft spot for Franklin the one yr old rottie) BUT she needed a car b/c her car was not going to make it. Also Saturday morning we found out he needed Rabies shots to cross state lines!
So I got a guy to donate the miles, rent the car to us for $100 for two days, and ran to the Humane Society where Franklin got a bath, paid for his rabies and he was ready to go!
Sue picked him up that night and off they went to his new foster home in NC. We had lovely people who met her part of the way and helped transport him to the end location.
After three exchanges and many hundreds of miles he reached his new mom and is now working on obedience and getting 'fixed'.
ALSO have a Great Dane going to his new home this week who has been waiting for a foster for over two months.
So there ARE good stories too....and we CAN do ANYthing for our living fur friends if we TRY.
:o)
I wanted to share that with you two....
See Franklin at: http://ncrottierescue.net/Available/franklinweb.jpg

FRANKLIN
Added 10/04/02
Hi everyone,
My name is Franklin and I am a 1 yr old beautiful male rottie. I like people a lot and want so much to have a forever home. NCRR rescued me from TN and are now searching for the right home for me. I'm gentle, calm, secure in my new environment and I love to get hugs.
Please give me a good home.

Re: Congratulations, Carmen on a job well done!

Suzanne D on 10/09/02 at 22:21 (097175)

What a good ending to that chapter of the story, Carmen! Thanks for sharing that with us! You can go to sleep with good thoughts knowing what you accomplished.

I'm proud of you!
Suzanne :-)

Re: Franklin

Richelle on 10/09/02 at 23:33 (097190)

Hey Carmen....sorry I haven't been in touch. Lot's going on here even without a hurricane! Franklin is too cute! Wish I had the room...although my cats are so territorial! LOL

Talk soon...
Rich

Re: Suzanne and Necee

Necee on 10/10/02 at 01:28 (097192)

Carmen this is great news! Like Suzanne, I too am very proud of you, and what you're doing for our '4 legged friends'. It's the best feeling in the world to know that you helped save a life! We need more loving, caring, and compassionate people like you who will take the time to get involved.

Happy trails.....

Necee

Re: Congratulations, Carmen on a job well done!

Suzanne D on 10/09/02 at 22:21 (097175)

What a good ending to that chapter of the story, Carmen! Thanks for sharing that with us! You can go to sleep with good thoughts knowing what you accomplished.

I'm proud of you!
Suzanne :-)

Re: Franklin

Richelle on 10/09/02 at 23:33 (097190)

Hey Carmen....sorry I haven't been in touch. Lot's going on here even without a hurricane! Franklin is too cute! Wish I had the room...although my cats are so territorial! LOL

Talk soon...
Rich

Re: Suzanne and Necee

Necee on 10/10/02 at 01:28 (097192)

Carmen this is great news! Like Suzanne, I too am very proud of you, and what you're doing for our '4 legged friends'. It's the best feeling in the world to know that you helped save a life! We need more loving, caring, and compassionate people like you who will take the time to get involved.

Happy trails.....

Necee