Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

***Pumpkins and scarecrows***

Posted by Necee on 10/10/02 at 02:10 (097194)

I came home from work exhausted and disgusted Monday......but......when I turned in the driveway there were 3 of the prettiest pumpkins sitting in my yard! Each had its own cuteness with long stems and tendrels. That sight immediately brought a smile to my face.
Then....when I walked in the backdoor there was a pumpkin spice candle sitting on the table! I completely forgot about everything that I was upset about that day, it's funny how the simple things in life have such a huge affect on us.
This evening my hubby and I went shopping for more pumpkins to take to the farm this weekend, I'll be busy decorating the entrance there with stalks of corn, bales of hay and 'Mr Scarecrow'.

Fall is my favorite time of year, with the changing of the leaves and that cool crispness in the air, especially after a long hot Summer.
I love to decorate my yard with pumpkins and scarecrows, and to drive through the countryside and see the neat way people decorate their yards and entrances......what imaginations! I'm not into 'Halloween' at all, I don't care for the ghosts, and freaky stuff, guess I'm just too much 'into' the changing of the season to care about that part of it. It's Autumn leaves, apple cider, and syrup mills for me.

Happy Fall......ya'll

Necee

Re: ***Pumpkins and scarecrows***

Carole C in NOLA on 10/10/02 at 06:35 (097200)

I'm into the cool crisp air of fall that is supposed to come this week and drive the hurricanes and tropical storms away, but like you I don't care for the ghosts and candy and so on that kids like at Hallowe'en time.

The day after Lili, people in my neighborhood were cleaning up the mess that was left after the storm and at the same time were putting up their Hallowe'en decorations. I guess that's life in Louisiana.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 10/10/02 at 06:56 (097202)

I'm with you, Necee! I love fall - the crispness of the air, the beautiful colors of the leaves, and pumpkins and scarecrows.

The only part of Halloween I like is the excitement in my children at school as the holiday draws near. I enjoyed past years of helping my daughters with costumes and still enjoy handing out treats to those who come by. Living out in the country, we don't get a drove of Trick-or-Treaters as some people do. We know everyone who comes, and sometimes my students come, and that is special.

I don't care for the scary aspects at all. Fifteen years ago I realized just how much I didn't like the tombstone decorations. My father had died in late September of that year, and it hurt to see the graveyard decor which some people used. Of course I knew they weren't in my shoes and just didn't think about it.

I hadn't been over to my school during our two week break, but I went yesterday evening for a little while and decorated my room with scarecrows and pumpkins! I'd love to see your place, Necee. I'm sure it's neat to see.

Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 10/10/02 at 06:35 (097200)

I'm into the cool crisp air of fall that is supposed to come this week and drive the hurricanes and tropical storms away, but like you I don't care for the ghosts and candy and so on that kids like at Hallowe'en time.

The day after Lili, people in my neighborhood were cleaning up the mess that was left after the storm and at the same time were putting up their Hallowe'en decorations. I guess that's life in Louisiana.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 10/10/02 at 06:56 (097202)

I'm with you, Necee! I love fall - the crispness of the air, the beautiful colors of the leaves, and pumpkins and scarecrows.

The only part of Halloween I like is the excitement in my children at school as the holiday draws near. I enjoyed past years of helping my daughters with costumes and still enjoy handing out treats to those who come by. Living out in the country, we don't get a drove of Trick-or-Treaters as some people do. We know everyone who comes, and sometimes my students come, and that is special.

I don't care for the scary aspects at all. Fifteen years ago I realized just how much I didn't like the tombstone decorations. My father had died in late September of that year, and it hurt to see the graveyard decor which some people used. Of course I knew they weren't in my shoes and just didn't think about it.

I hadn't been over to my school during our two week break, but I went yesterday evening for a little while and decorated my room with scarecrows and pumpkins! I'd love to see your place, Necee. I'm sure it's neat to see.

Suzanne :-)