Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

results of a cordizone shot for a heel spur

Posted by christy on 10/10/02 at 11:03 (097234)

To whom it may concern,
I just had a shot of cordizone in my right heel for a heel spur on Monday. Ever since then my toes felt numb and I can't bend my foot as well. Plus, after the first day that I had the shot, my face looked like it had been badly sunburnt, could this be a result of the cordizone shot?

Also, I've noticed that at night time the burn on my face gets worse, plus has spread over the front of my chest. Could this possibly be a result from the shot?

How long does it take for the actual shot to work and how long will it be before I can walk normally, would you suppose?

Thank you so much for your time....Sincerely, Christy.
P.S. Have a very nice day * thank you all for your time.

Re: results of a cordizone shot for a heel spur

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/10/02 at 19:55 (097285)

The redness in your face is likely to be a side effect of the cortisone shot and usually dissipates in a few days.

The shot will often start to work 3 to 4 days after recieving it -- this is very variable though.

I don't have an explanation for the numbness in your toes unless the shot was given a bit too distally causing a nerve to be bruised.

Ed

Re: results of a cordizone shot for a heel spur

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/10/02 at 19:55 (097285)

The redness in your face is likely to be a side effect of the cortisone shot and usually dissipates in a few days.

The shot will often start to work 3 to 4 days after recieving it -- this is very variable though.

I don't have an explanation for the numbness in your toes unless the shot was given a bit too distally causing a nerve to be bruised.

Ed