Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I had a "visitor" in my house!!

Posted by Necee on 10/10/02 at 14:56 (097249)

A funny thing happened this morning as I was cleaning the window in my bathroom.....

I had removed the screen and raised the window, our windows can be tilted inward I from the inside for easy cleaning, while I went to the kitchen to check on a lemon pie I had made for my hubbys birthday, I left the window open, I heard this weird sound coming from the bathroom, so I went to investigate....this cute little Wren had flown inside and was happily pecking at an ivy plant that I had on a shelf! I didn't want to disturb her so I just watched from a distance, she was sure enjoying herself!
I had to go check on the pie again, so I went back to the kitchen, the next thing I knew she was flying around in the den, but she didn't seem to be scared, just taking her time and checking things out, almost like she was searching for a nesting place!! I left her alone, and raised the window in the den and removed the screen, allowing her to leave on her own free will. After about 10 minutes, she flew out the window.
We have lots of birds around our place, and I sure do enjoy them...oh well..... hope she finds what she was looking for.

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: I had a "visitor" in my house!!

Suzanne D on 10/10/02 at 16:03 (097255)

That's great, Necee, that you didn't get upset about the bird coming in and that it was able to leave on its own in a few minutes.

Remember the movie 'Mary Poppins'? Your story made me think of the scene where Julie Andrews has a bird (robin?) land on her finger as she sings Just a Spoon Full of Sugar'. I can imagine you doing that! I remember reading later that it was an animatronic (Is that the word?) bird, but as a child, I thought it was real!

Tell your husband 'Happy Birthday'!

Suzanne :-)

Carmen H on 10/10/02 at 18:52 (097272)

How fun! I love birds...I have fed the ones on the back deck so much I now have sunflower seed plants aprouting up all over the ground...perhaps that ws a little visitor...?

Kathy G on 10/11/02 at 10:15 (097313)

Necee,

I like birds at a distance but I would flip out if one came into my house! I think it's a throwback to when I was a little girl and we used to feed the seagulls our garbage while on vacation. Can you believe we actually did that? Actually, they ate everything so I guess it wasn't pollution or anything. They would swarm us and it scared the dickens out of me. My folks were being nice when they took me to along when they fed the gulls, but by the time I was about 6, I realized it wasn't something I enjoyed and always passed on the opportunity!

wendyn on 10/12/02 at 15:47 (097403)

We had a very frightened baby robin fly in through our front door once. He was just learning to fly, and I don't think that's where he intended to go. I think your wren had a much more pleasent tour!

Suzanne D on 10/10/02 at 16:03 (097255)

That's great, Necee, that you didn't get upset about the bird coming in and that it was able to leave on its own in a few minutes.

Remember the movie 'Mary Poppins'? Your story made me think of the scene where Julie Andrews has a bird (robin?) land on her finger as she sings Just a Spoon Full of Sugar'. I can imagine you doing that! I remember reading later that it was an animatronic (Is that the word?) bird, but as a child, I thought it was real!

Tell your husband 'Happy Birthday'!

Suzanne :-)

Carmen H on 10/10/02 at 18:52 (097272)

How fun! I love birds...I have fed the ones on the back deck so much I now have sunflower seed plants aprouting up all over the ground...perhaps that ws a little visitor...?

Kathy G on 10/11/02 at 10:15 (097313)

Necee,

I like birds at a distance but I would flip out if one came into my house! I think it's a throwback to when I was a little girl and we used to feed the seagulls our garbage while on vacation. Can you believe we actually did that? Actually, they ate everything so I guess it wasn't pollution or anything. They would swarm us and it scared the dickens out of me. My folks were being nice when they took me to along when they fed the gulls, but by the time I was about 6, I realized it wasn't something I enjoyed and always passed on the opportunity!

wendyn on 10/12/02 at 15:47 (097403)

We had a very frightened baby robin fly in through our front door once. He was just learning to fly, and I don't think that's where he intended to go. I think your wren had a much more pleasent tour!