Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Subtalar Fusion

Posted by TheresaM on 10/12/02 at 01:05 (097365)

I'm 17, and planning to have a subtalar fusion surgery. I first had a talocalcaneal coalition. I had a surgery for that. I need to know if any one has had this surgery before? If you have, how long were you in the hospital? Do you have pain now? If anyone can give me any information, it would be good.
Theresa

Re: Subtalar Fusion

KathyB on 10/12/02 at 08:42 (097377)

I crushed my subtalar joint in my left and was well on my to the right. I had my left done in feb 01' and my right done in sept 01'. I was in the hospital overnight and went home the next day. I was in a cast for about 8 weeks and my recovery for that pretty easy. I have very little pain from my subtalar joint now. I am 95% pain free from that area. I also have problem from my tendons but that is a different story, from the joint area I am 95% pain free. The only time I am bothered is when it rains. Yes, you to will become a barometer for rain. You will know when it is going to rain the day before, but if you keep your ankle warm it is not so bad. It is well worth being pain free for this little problem. Good luck.

Re: Subtalar Fusion

KathyB on 10/12/02 at 08:42 (097377)

I crushed my subtalar joint in my left and was well on my to the right. I had my left done in feb 01' and my right done in sept 01'. I was in the hospital overnight and went home the next day. I was in a cast for about 8 weeks and my recovery for that pretty easy. I have very little pain from my subtalar joint now. I am 95% pain free from that area. I also have problem from my tendons but that is a different story, from the joint area I am 95% pain free. The only time I am bothered is when it rains. Yes, you to will become a barometer for rain. You will know when it is going to rain the day before, but if you keep your ankle warm it is not so bad. It is well worth being pain free for this little problem. Good luck.