Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

help!

Posted by sue m on 10/12/02 at 18:10 (097409)

I'm 37 years old. I have twin boy's, aged 6 and full of energy. I hope that someone could give me some advise. Every since the birth of my children in 1996, I hava suffered with Tarsal Tunnel syndrome. I have been to see many doctors. All they have said to me is that there is nothing that they can do for me. The only thing they can give me is pain killers.
Anybody knows you can not take strong pain killers if you have children.
anyway they make me ill. I need someone to me please!

Re: help!-possible treatments

Lara T. on 10/12/02 at 19:20 (097410)

A couple of threads down on the first page for this message board is one entitlted something about TTS surgery -and within the thread is a post titled 'treatments to consider before surgery' (something like that). There is a list of a couple dozen things to try from very non-invasive to very invasive. Check that out. The most beneficial is rest (yea, right, with twin 6-year-old boys). The second most beneficial thing I tried was compression socks - but I constantly yap about it and others haven't found as much success with them as I have. In fact, some say it aggravated the pain. From what I can tell, the people that don't find they work don't find lingering affects after they quit using the socks (please correct me if I am wrong those of you who don't like compression socks), which is why I like to suggest people try them. They are relatively inexpensive treament (expensive socks), non-invasive, and easily reversible if it doesn't work. For me, it gave me a life back (without the tennis & long walks in the park, but I don't dream of amputation either).

Also, reading the 'treament' board on a regular basis will help you get familiar with what people have and haven't tried and do and don't like.

If you tell us what part of the country you live in, we might be able to advise you of doctors in the area who we think are knowledgeable about TTS.

Re: help!-possible treatments

Lara T. on 10/12/02 at 19:20 (097410)

A couple of threads down on the first page for this message board is one entitlted something about TTS surgery -and within the thread is a post titled 'treatments to consider before surgery' (something like that). There is a list of a couple dozen things to try from very non-invasive to very invasive. Check that out. The most beneficial is rest (yea, right, with twin 6-year-old boys). The second most beneficial thing I tried was compression socks - but I constantly yap about it and others haven't found as much success with them as I have. In fact, some say it aggravated the pain. From what I can tell, the people that don't find they work don't find lingering affects after they quit using the socks (please correct me if I am wrong those of you who don't like compression socks), which is why I like to suggest people try them. They are relatively inexpensive treament (expensive socks), non-invasive, and easily reversible if it doesn't work. For me, it gave me a life back (without the tennis & long walks in the park, but I don't dream of amputation either).

Also, reading the 'treament' board on a regular basis will help you get familiar with what people have and haven't tried and do and don't like.

If you tell us what part of the country you live in, we might be able to advise you of doctors in the area who we think are knowledgeable about TTS.