Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2 months post TTS surgery and still in alot of pain. HELP!!!

Posted by Steve on 10/12/02 at 19:37 (097413)

It's been 2 months since my TTS surgery and I'm still in alot of pain.
My ortho says it could be 6 mos to a year before I notice improvement.
My surgery report explains that I had a very tight, deep abductor hallucis fascia that was released all the way to the midfoot. My ortho says that he is 95% positive that this was causing my pain symptoms for the last 7 years. I injured my foot on a exercise machine. He also says that since my nerve was trapped for so long, it can take a long time to recover.
I was non-weight-bearing for the 1st week after surgery, and then in a walking boot for the last 7 weeks. My ortho removed the boot this past week and the pain has been very bad. I'm icing a few times a day, getting PT 3 time a week, and wearing ortotics from before the surgery.

I'm discouraged even though I know that this surgery is not always easy to recover from.

Is there anything else I should be doing?
Thanks.

Steve

Re: 2 months post TTS surgery and still in alot of pain. HELP!!!

kay on 10/13/02 at 08:59 (097426)

hi steve, what can i say? join the club?
i had p.f and t.t. sugery on the 18th of june and i am having a fair amount of pain also. yesterday my foot was feeling pretty good so i went to the mall. i was there for 20 minutes and it started hurting, and it hurt bad all day. this morning it isn't any better. thats what happens when i am up and about. i am trying to be patient but as you know it gets old real fast sitting on my butt all the time. having no life. god i am not cheering you up much am i?
so what kind of p.t. do they have you doing? i am stretching my foot a bit and thats all the doc says to do. he said that and time is the only thing that will help. did you have a test to determine if it was t.t.? i found out my doc should have done a test before he did the t.t. sugery. i think that is the part of my foot that is still causing the pain so i am not too happy with my doc right now. i am thinking if he had done the p.f. surgery only maybe i would be better now.
remember that two months is not a long time so try to be patient.
kay

Re: 2 months post TTS surgery and still in alot of pain. HELP!!!

kay on 10/13/02 at 08:59 (097426)

hi steve, what can i say? join the club?
i had p.f and t.t. sugery on the 18th of june and i am having a fair amount of pain also. yesterday my foot was feeling pretty good so i went to the mall. i was there for 20 minutes and it started hurting, and it hurt bad all day. this morning it isn't any better. thats what happens when i am up and about. i am trying to be patient but as you know it gets old real fast sitting on my butt all the time. having no life. god i am not cheering you up much am i?
so what kind of p.t. do they have you doing? i am stretching my foot a bit and thats all the doc says to do. he said that and time is the only thing that will help. did you have a test to determine if it was t.t.? i found out my doc should have done a test before he did the t.t. sugery. i think that is the part of my foot that is still causing the pain so i am not too happy with my doc right now. i am thinking if he had done the p.f. surgery only maybe i would be better now.
remember that two months is not a long time so try to be patient.
kay