Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Denise and ESWT

Posted by john h on 10/13/02 at 11:58 (097433)

Denise:The classic spot for PF pain is where the fascia band from the great toe attaches to the heel on the inside of the foot. This would be near the edge and just forward of the heel. Generally you can create pain by applying enough pressure in this area with your thumb. If you cannot get enough leverage have a friend try it for you. It is important to have a defined area to focus the ESWT to as the focal point is very narrow. Certainly you can have referred pain at various points on your foot. I think it is important to have a Doctor experienced in ESWT to tell you if you are a candidate. I did not always think that way but I do now after my recent experience. You need to find an experienced person even if you have to travel to make this info available to you. It would not hurt to call Dr. Z and explain your symptoms as a starter. He cannot make a telephone diagnosis but should give you some ideas and point you in the right direction. What state are you in?

Re: Denise and ESWT

Denise M on 10/13/02 at 19:46 (097441)

Thanks John for your reply. I'm not sure if I explained it very well in my post but that is where I do feel the pain. The doctor I saw said it had to be in the heel(like the base of it I guess). I am going to take your advise & email or call Dr Z.
Thanks again.

Re: Denise and ESWT

Denise M on 10/13/02 at 19:46 (097441)

Thanks John for your reply. I'm not sure if I explained it very well in my post but that is where I do feel the pain. The doctor I saw said it had to be in the heel(like the base of it I guess). I am going to take your advise & email or call Dr Z.
Thanks again.