Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Feet from Hell

Posted by Christy D. on 10/15/02 at 11:21 (097539)

Hi - I've not been on here in a while! I have heel spurs in BOTH feet, had over 12 cortisone injections in my left foot, had a partial PF release in my left foot, which did nothing. Had a FULL PF release in my left foot, which finally releaved the arch pain. Then I discovered the reason my foot hurt so bad was because I had PF AND tarsel tunnel going on all at the same time. It was so bad I could not move my last three toes and the shooting pain made my toes feel like they were going to fly across the room. I had TTS surgery in April 2002 and although it was six weeks of sitting on my tush with my foot elevated, In May 2002 - September 2002 I FINALLY had NO PAIN. The doctor told me that when he opened my foot, it was so full of scar tissue that it was like an over stuffed suitcase. Everything just popped out! That is why my nerve was so crushed! Now the pain is creaping back, but I am told that it is PF again. In two weeks I am to get ANOTHER cortisone shot, which will make #13. If that does not work, then it's another PF release. Does this ever end??? I am praying that it does. I wish each and everyone of you the best recovery, because I can fully relate to the hell you go through. Let's face it, we need our feet! Keep your chins up, there is light hopefully at the end of the tunnel and don't give up!

Best regards.

Re: Feet from Hell

Ellen F. on 10/15/02 at 19:03 (097568)

I like your comment, 'light at the end of the tunnel', hang in there. Cortisone shots, OUCH! i only had 1 in each foot, they say in heel is even worse.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/15/02 at 21:04 (097581)

What conservative treatment has been done for your PF?
Ed

Ellen F. on 10/15/02 at 19:03 (097568)

I like your comment, 'light at the end of the tunnel', hang in there. Cortisone shots, OUCH! i only had 1 in each foot, they say in heel is even worse.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/15/02 at 21:04 (097581)

What conservative treatment has been done for your PF?
Ed