Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What do you think about a "People who overcame PF" webpage?

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 10/16/02 at 12:49 (097637)

Something I am toying with and NOT doing until I am about 90% painfree from PF (and this means being able to take my time in Trader Joes and not worry about being in a long check out line) is starting up a webpage for stories of people who OVERCAME PF. There would be no forumn (I ain't up to that) but just stories to read.

I got the idea since I am in Weight Watchers and there are plenty of Lifetime Members who hit their goal webpages. It is inspiring and gives one hope.

I especially will be interested in people like me who have had PF for years (4+ years).

I was thinking then I would beg Scott R to put a link up on his webpage and people could just click and read.

Now, I am just toying with the idea, this means I am not doing it right now. I certainly won't be constructing a page like this until I myself can be on it since I feel that would show some integrity (my own hang up...I know!)

I would just like to hear your feedback.

This page is GREAT and I love it. It is more a place though for people going through the challenges and pain of PF, most of us chronic cases like myself. A seperate place for people who licked PF would be great to go peruse stories at.

Re: What do you think about a "People who overcame PF" webpage?

Julie on 10/16/02 at 16:10 (097653)

It's a good idea Melissa, so good that in fact I suggested it to Scott myself a couple of years ago. He liked it, and started a 'Success and Horror Stories' page, but ditched it after a couple of months. Why don't you try him again? There are quite a few 'success stories' out here - people who have healed, like Carole, myself, Nancy and Nancy....maybe the time has come to re-institute it.

But it should be just a 'Success Stories' page. We have enough of the horror on all the other pages, IMHO.

Re: So what say you Scott R?

Mahatmelissama on 10/16/02 at 17:44 (097663)

nancy s. on 10/17/02 at 07:18 (097710)

mahat, if scott doesn't want to stick with one of these on his site (it's come up a couple of times, and it never becomes a going thing), i hope you'll do it. people who come here are dying for success stories, naturally, and they're hard (probably impossible) to dig out if someone is just arriving at this site. i don't really consider myself 'recovered,' but much better (got a life!), and would like to contribute to your page.
nancy

Julie on 10/17/02 at 08:52 (097719)

Melissa, Scott reads the Social board intermittently, and may not see this. Try again on the Heelspurs.com board.

And keep trying. There are quite a few of us here now who would contribute to a Success Stories page, people who haven't tailed off once better, and it could, as Nancy says, be a great help to newcomers.

Julie on 10/16/02 at 16:10 (097653)

It's a good idea Melissa, so good that in fact I suggested it to Scott myself a couple of years ago. He liked it, and started a 'Success and Horror Stories' page, but ditched it after a couple of months. Why don't you try him again? There are quite a few 'success stories' out here - people who have healed, like Carole, myself, Nancy and Nancy....maybe the time has come to re-institute it.

But it should be just a 'Success Stories' page. We have enough of the horror on all the other pages, IMHO.

Mahatmelissama on 10/16/02 at 17:44 (097663)

nancy s. on 10/17/02 at 07:18 (097710)

mahat, if scott doesn't want to stick with one of these on his site (it's come up a couple of times, and it never becomes a going thing), i hope you'll do it. people who come here are dying for success stories, naturally, and they're hard (probably impossible) to dig out if someone is just arriving at this site. i don't really consider myself 'recovered,' but much better (got a life!), and would like to contribute to your page.
nancy

Julie on 10/17/02 at 08:52 (097719)

Melissa, Scott reads the Social board intermittently, and may not see this. Try again on the Heelspurs.com board.

And keep trying. There are quite a few of us here now who would contribute to a Success Stories page, people who haven't tailed off once better, and it could, as Nancy says, be a great help to newcomers.