Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

GOOD Dr's In Atlanta, Augusta, Athens GA. Area?

Posted by Ginger S. on 10/16/02 at 20:17 (097677)

I am in an area near Atlanta, Augusta and Athens. Can anyone recommend a doctor (podiatrist or orthopedist)nearby? I've posted a few times on this board about my problems getting a dr. to help me. I suspect TTS, but no dr. wants to diagnose it. I don't care what it is, I just want a dr. that will try and help me figure out what's causing this pain. I would appreciate any info on who I should call and a phone number if possible to the office. I have actually had a doctor that had just told me to 'get over it-everyone has pain like this' and none of them have tried to do that nerve test, but I've had EVERY other test. The symptoms sound just like all the research I've done on TTS and my physical therapist told me he thought it was TTS too! (he actually got me started on my 'research'--I had never heard of it before).

Anyway, I would appreciate any help you could give me!
Thanks,
Ginger S.

Re: Gould

elliott on 10/17/02 at 20:47 (097778)

Gould is one of the big TTS names who is part of the TTS 'Fearsome Foursome' including Baxter. Gould has published some prominent articles on nerve entrapment. If I lived where you do, I'd definitely go see him, preferably after you get a nerve conduction test and bring the results as well as any MRI and x-ray films. I did a search, and I think this is his info:

Gould, John S MD
1201 11th Ave S
Ste 200
Birmingham, AL 35205
205-930-0061

Be sure to ask if he handles nerve problems in the foot and ankle to make sure he's the right guy. Good luck.

Ginger S. on 10/17/02 at 21:56 (097779)

Elliott, you rule!
Thanks so much for being so kind.
You seem like you respond to a lot of people with very helpful things on this board and that's such a nice thing to do.
I'll call as soon as I can get the nerve tests.Thanks!!
Ginger S.

carmen h on 10/20/02 at 16:37 (097980)

Ginger if you are in Atlanta area you should try Dr. Villasana for the nerve tests and Marietta Podiatry for your Podiatrist. Dr. Gattie or Hilsen to be exact.
You know where Marietta is I assume..being from Atlanta. That is where I lived before moving to TN.
Good Luck!

Re: RE: Information! Thanks!

Ginger S. on 10/20/02 at 18:37 (097983)

Thank you soooo much!
I will look into everything I've learned here, and I've learned soooo much!
My frustration level before posting was very high, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one suffering through trying to find good dr's and getting by with the pain.

Did the Marietta people do a surgery for you?
How was it?
I'm very nervous because it seems like some surgeries don't go too well, but I've tried every 'conservative' treatment it seems that most on this board have tried.
Thanks for the help!
Ginger

elliott on 10/17/02 at 20:47 (097778)

Gould is one of the big TTS names who is part of the TTS 'Fearsome Foursome' including Baxter. Gould has published some prominent articles on nerve entrapment. If I lived where you do, I'd definitely go see him, preferably after you get a nerve conduction test and bring the results as well as any MRI and x-ray films. I did a search, and I think this is his info:

Gould, John S MD
1201 11th Ave S
Ste 200
Birmingham, AL 35205
205-930-0061

Be sure to ask if he handles nerve problems in the foot and ankle to make sure he's the right guy. Good luck.

Ginger S. on 10/17/02 at 21:56 (097779)

Elliott, you rule!
Thanks so much for being so kind.
You seem like you respond to a lot of people with very helpful things on this board and that's such a nice thing to do.
I'll call as soon as I can get the nerve tests.Thanks!!
Ginger S.

carmen h on 10/20/02 at 16:37 (097980)

Ginger if you are in Atlanta area you should try Dr. Villasana for the nerve tests and Marietta Podiatry for your Podiatrist. Dr. Gattie or Hilsen to be exact.
You know where Marietta is I assume..being from Atlanta. That is where I lived before moving to TN.
Good Luck!

Re: RE: Information! Thanks!

Ginger S. on 10/20/02 at 18:37 (097983)

Thank you soooo much!
I will look into everything I've learned here, and I've learned soooo much!
My frustration level before posting was very high, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one suffering through trying to find good dr's and getting by with the pain.

Did the Marietta people do a surgery for you?
How was it?
I'm very nervous because it seems like some surgeries don't go too well, but I've tried every 'conservative' treatment it seems that most on this board have tried.
Thanks for the help!
Ginger