Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cortosine shots for plantar's fascitis

Posted by John P on 10/17/02 at 14:57 (097752)

Hi,

Why are so many people against getting cortisone shots?

I'm a marathon runner who recently had cortisone shots in both feet for relief from plantar fascitis. It's been 9 weeks since I've had the shots and I'm back to running and have not had an ounce of pain since.

I of course had to take some time off from running (2 weeks) and went to physical therapy for a couple weeks and started wearing inserts in all my shoes and sneakers but my feet feel brand new!!

Re: Cortosine shots for plantar's fascitis

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/17/02 at 15:23 (097759)

Hello,

You did this the right way. Rest, no repeated shots over and over with physical therapy. Multiple steriod injections can be painful and can cause damage to the plantar fascia. Alot of patients hate the idea of having a needle inserted into the side or bottom of their foot or feet

Re: Cortosine shots for plantar's fascitis

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/17/02 at 15:23 (097759)

Hello,

You did this the right way. Rest, no repeated shots over and over with physical therapy. Multiple steriod injections can be painful and can cause damage to the plantar fascia. Alot of patients hate the idea of having a needle inserted into the side or bottom of their foot or feet