Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

whats after orthotics

Posted by Joannie M on 10/17/02 at 15:40 (097764)

my podiatrist has been treating my pf (? i'm wondering...)with cortisone, strapping and various otc orthotics. the orthos seem to hurt more than help; also i have litle 'morning' pain; it hurts always, just varying degrees from slight in te am to severe by 3-4pm. his next step is perscription orthos ($300 +)...can this be something other than pf?

Re: whats after orthotics

Pauline on 10/17/02 at 19:11 (097771)

You might give Dr.Kiper a call. Some folk use his silicone orthotics and like them very much. The one great thing is he offers a money back guarantee. You can try his product for the cost of a foam box used to take your foot imprint and mailing. If you don't like them he refunds your money.

I don't know his e-mail address but you could use Scotts search site or yahoo and type silicone orthotics or just Dr. Kiper. Scott may still have a link to Dr. Kiper on his product page or maybe someone that use his orthotics could give you his web site.

I think they are worth a try before you put out $300 for ones that you might not be able to wear and that have no money back guarantee.

Some people love their orthotics and others like myself could never wear them. Many of us have spent lots of money on custome orthotics only to have these ice scrapers sitting in bags collecting dust. Because of this I think Dr. Kiper is worth a try. You can always spent the $300 at your doctors office any time.

Carole C in NOLA on 10/19/02 at 09:20 (097868)

Try reading the heel pain book on this site for more ideas for self treatment of your PF, such as gentle non-weightbearing stretching, icing, and anti-inflammatories. The absence of morning pain doesn't mean that it's not PF.

My custom orthotics worked wonderfully for me, but that's not true for everyone. You also should be careful about what shoes you wear; a lot of people on this message board like Birkenstocks. Some other shoes can make PF worse. Never stand or take one step barefoot. Hope this helps.

Carole C

Pauline on 10/17/02 at 19:11 (097771)

You might give Dr.Kiper a call. Some folk use his silicone orthotics and like them very much. The one great thing is he offers a money back guarantee. You can try his product for the cost of a foam box used to take your foot imprint and mailing. If you don't like them he refunds your money.

I don't know his e-mail address but you could use Scotts search site or yahoo and type silicone orthotics or just Dr. Kiper. Scott may still have a link to Dr. Kiper on his product page or maybe someone that use his orthotics could give you his web site.

I think they are worth a try before you put out $300 for ones that you might not be able to wear and that have no money back guarantee.

Some people love their orthotics and others like myself could never wear them. Many of us have spent lots of money on custome orthotics only to have these ice scrapers sitting in bags collecting dust. Because of this I think Dr. Kiper is worth a try. You can always spent the $300 at your doctors office any time.

Carole C in NOLA on 10/19/02 at 09:20 (097868)

Try reading the heel pain book on this site for more ideas for self treatment of your PF, such as gentle non-weightbearing stretching, icing, and anti-inflammatories. The absence of morning pain doesn't mean that it's not PF.

My custom orthotics worked wonderfully for me, but that's not true for everyone. You also should be careful about what shoes you wear; a lot of people on this message board like Birkenstocks. Some other shoes can make PF worse. Never stand or take one step barefoot. Hope this helps.

Carole C