Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Help: Achilles Tendonitis(?)

Posted by Peg on 10/18/02 at 12:03 (097812)

I have been experiencing some discomfort in this area. I am wearing orthotics for neuroma and metatarsalgia. I have noticed a popping/clicking sound when I flex my foot -- and especially the popping sound when walking down stairs. Should I ice/heat this area? And how does one know if there are small tears? I'm not sure what to do. I have just begun walking again. Is this good to as far as stretching and getting exercise in this area? Thanks.

Re: Help: Achilles Tendonitis(?)

Dr Zuckerman on 10/18/02 at 17:00 (097829)

I would have the area evaluated and my orthosis evaluated to see if they are working. If there is swelling and severe pain I would use ice twice daily for twenty minutes. You need to find the cause. Don't start your walking program until you do.

Re: Help: Achilles Tendonitis(?)

Dr Zuckerman on 10/18/02 at 17:00 (097829)

I would have the area evaluated and my orthosis evaluated to see if they are working. If there is swelling and severe pain I would use ice twice daily for twenty minutes. You need to find the cause. Don't start your walking program until you do.