Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Glad my last post was so popular but....

Posted by Rebecca C. on 10/19/02 at 22:00 (097938)

Hey everyone,
I'm glad my last post concerning weight loss brought so many responses but I made a mistake by posting my email addy and I'm being flooded with emails. Is there anyway I can stop that? Not that I don't like hearing from everyone but hubby isn't to happy.
deleting allot these days
Rebecca

Re: Glad my last post was so popular but....

Carole C in NOLA on 10/19/02 at 22:38 (097941)

Rebecca,

That's the reason why I don't ever post my e-mail address on these boards. It says 'To have replies sent to your email box and to be able to edit your messages after posting, enter your email address.' and since I don't want all the replies, I don't. I think the best way for you to stop that is probably to refrain from doing that in the first place.

The other thing you can do is essentially tell everyone to stop chatting in that thread right now (which you have essentially done). People here are very nice and probably will. But next time, please don't type in your e-mail address unless you want the e-mails. Thanks. :)

Carole C

Rebecca C. on 10/22/02 at 17:12 (098097)

I did not realize that I did type in my email. I never give it out on message boards. I didn't mean to upset anyone by asking them to stop sending me replys. I will make certain in future that my email is not present.

Julie on 10/23/02 at 02:37 (098125)

Rebecca

Once you've entered your email address into the 'Optional and hidden' box, it stays there until you remove it. The next time you make a post just delete it (you may have done this already). It will then stay deleted unless you re-instate it yourself.

Carole C in NOLA on 10/19/02 at 22:38 (097941)

Rebecca,

That's the reason why I don't ever post my e-mail address on these boards. It says 'To have replies sent to your email box and to be able to edit your messages after posting, enter your email address.' and since I don't want all the replies, I don't. I think the best way for you to stop that is probably to refrain from doing that in the first place.

The other thing you can do is essentially tell everyone to stop chatting in that thread right now (which you have essentially done). People here are very nice and probably will. But next time, please don't type in your e-mail address unless you want the e-mails. Thanks. :)

Carole C

Rebecca C. on 10/22/02 at 17:12 (098097)

I did not realize that I did type in my email. I never give it out on message boards. I didn't mean to upset anyone by asking them to stop sending me replys. I will make certain in future that my email is not present.

Julie on 10/23/02 at 02:37 (098125)

Rebecca

Once you've entered your email address into the 'Optional and hidden' box, it stays there until you remove it. The next time you make a post just delete it (you may have done this already). It will then stay deleted unless you re-instate it yourself.