Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'll be going for my post opp MRI soon

Posted by Laurie R on 10/20/02 at 22:31 (097995)

Hi Everyone , I will be going for a post opp MRI on Oct 28th ... My WC was not going to let me have the open MRI .... My adjuster at Workers comp ,seems to do anything and everything to make things hard on me . So after a lot of stress , I think things are ok now ....

My Pod also wants to see if I have a neuroma in my tarsel tunnel . I have been in a lot of pain again with my ankle and foot ....

So I will keep you updated ... I think this MRI will be more interesting then the first one I had. Now we will see how much the surgery helped and what is going on in my foot and ankle ...

We also are in the middle of moving . I way over did it last week so I have not done much since ... We are only moving 5 house's down ,same landlady , so she is letting us move a few things in before our move in date of Nov 1 st. We have lived in this place for 8 years now , we have so much stuff....

Ok that is it for now . My very best to everyone ...

Peace , Laurie R

Re: I'll be going for my post opp MRI soon

carmen h on 10/21/02 at 08:36 (098014)

GOOD Luck Laurie!
Send me an email when you get settled and have time.

Sharon W on 10/21/02 at 16:47 (098034)

Laurie,

Could they treat a neuroma in your tarsal tunnel with steroids or some such?

Sharon

Re: moving

Carole C in NOLA on 10/21/02 at 18:29 (098043)

Laurie, take it easy during your move, ok? Try not to overdo too much. Maybe you can pack boxes and then leave them where they are, for somebody else to actually take down there.

I threw out a lot of worthless stuff that I never use when I moved. That takes time which you may not have right now, but it simplifies the unpacking.

I hope you like your new place! Moving can be a nice adventure once you've had a chance to rest afterwards.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 10/21/02 at 20:54 (098046)

Dear Laurie,

I do hope that the MRI shows that your surgery did improve things and that it can also be used to help the doctors decide how best to help you now.

Moving is such a chore; I have done it a few times. And every time we seem to have collected more 'stuff'! Good luck in your move, and try not to overdo. I wish we could all come help you for a few hours. We could make short work of the chores and have a nice time visiting, too!

Maybe afterwards we could have a snack. I'll bring some Moon Pies! :-)

Suzanne :-)

Laurie R on 10/21/02 at 21:12 (098047)

Oh thoes moon pies .... I am going to have to try them sometime. I don't think they sell them around here though ....

Wow that would be wonderful if you and everyone could come and help move us ... I don't think we would get much done , I think we all would rather talk and get to know each other...... :)

How are you doing Suzanne ?
Much love , Laurie R

Laurie R on 10/21/02 at 21:13 (098048)

Hi Sharon , I am not sure how it would be treated .... He wants to make sure nothing else is going on , so the post opp MRI is going to be very important for me to have... I am wondering how my foot and ankle are going to look since I am now 5 months post opp ...

I will keep you all posted .... Laurie R

Laurie R on 10/21/02 at 21:15 (098049)

Hi Carole , Yes moving is such a big job ... Thank God that my landlady has let us move in somethings before the real move in date... Their is a lot of stuff alrady in there... So we won't have much to do on Nov 1 st ... Yes I also got rid of so much stuff already . I am one to save every little thing I get.....

Now you just move a while ago right ? How are things going ?

Much love , Laurie R

Necee on 10/21/02 at 21:18 (098050)

Good luck Laurie with the MRI, and also with the moving. Thank goodness you aren't moving far, there is nothing more stressful than moving and having everything out of place. I love Suzanne's idea, helping a friend move and then snacking on moon pies sounds great.....I'll bring the barbeque and red beans!!!

Happy trails.......

Necee

wendyn on 10/21/02 at 22:52 (098060)

Hang in Laurie, we'll be thinking of you. Sorry to hear that your foot is not doing so well.

Are you moving to a bigger place?

Sometimes moving is good just to get things cleaned out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carole C in NOLA on 10/21/02 at 23:15 (098063)

Things are going well for me, thanks! I moved in about a month and a half ago. I got everything put away pretty quickly. It's much easier to unpack than pack, or at least it was for me. I have settled into a routine by now, and I even bought a few pieces of furniture, including two antiques... a barrister's bookcase and a small marble topped table of Honduran mahogany with rose carvings in the side. A rug and easy chair will be delivered on Friday.

I still need to buy some posters or artwork to put on the walls, and some interesting glassware or artwork to put in the mirrored display nook in the den. Also, my attempts to hang my big heavy mirror over my fireplace was thwarted because I can't find the studs by tapping. So, I need to buy one of those electronic 'studfinder' gizmos. Meanwhile my mirror is waiting to be hung, and the wall over my fireplace has at least half a dozen ugly nail holes in it where I missed the studs. But, they will not show once the mirror is up.

Carole C

Sharon W on 10/22/02 at 08:26 (098075)

Laurie,

Yeah, I'll bet you're kinda nervous about that! Good luck. I know you DON'T want any more surgery!!

Sharon

BrianG on 10/22/02 at 20:52 (098108)

Good luck with the MRI Lauri. What is it with these people who work for the insurance companies? Do they have to take a nasty test, or what!! I hope you take it easy during the move. I know it's important for you to be around, but it's even more important not to re-injure your feet. After all this time, you owe it to your self to take it easy until the doctor clears you.

Best wishes
BrianG

carmen h on 10/21/02 at 08:36 (098014)

GOOD Luck Laurie!
Send me an email when you get settled and have time.

Sharon W on 10/21/02 at 16:47 (098034)

Laurie,

Could they treat a neuroma in your tarsal tunnel with steroids or some such?

Sharon

Carole C in NOLA on 10/21/02 at 18:29 (098043)

Laurie, take it easy during your move, ok? Try not to overdo too much. Maybe you can pack boxes and then leave them where they are, for somebody else to actually take down there.

I threw out a lot of worthless stuff that I never use when I moved. That takes time which you may not have right now, but it simplifies the unpacking.

I hope you like your new place! Moving can be a nice adventure once you've had a chance to rest afterwards.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 10/21/02 at 20:54 (098046)

Dear Laurie,

I do hope that the MRI shows that your surgery did improve things and that it can also be used to help the doctors decide how best to help you now.

Moving is such a chore; I have done it a few times. And every time we seem to have collected more 'stuff'! Good luck in your move, and try not to overdo. I wish we could all come help you for a few hours. We could make short work of the chores and have a nice time visiting, too!

Maybe afterwards we could have a snack. I'll bring some Moon Pies! :-)

Suzanne :-)

Laurie R on 10/21/02 at 21:12 (098047)

Oh thoes moon pies .... I am going to have to try them sometime. I don't think they sell them around here though ....

Wow that would be wonderful if you and everyone could come and help move us ... I don't think we would get much done , I think we all would rather talk and get to know each other...... :)

How are you doing Suzanne ?
Much love , Laurie R

Laurie R on 10/21/02 at 21:13 (098048)

Hi Sharon , I am not sure how it would be treated .... He wants to make sure nothing else is going on , so the post opp MRI is going to be very important for me to have... I am wondering how my foot and ankle are going to look since I am now 5 months post opp ...

I will keep you all posted .... Laurie R

Laurie R on 10/21/02 at 21:15 (098049)

Hi Carole , Yes moving is such a big job ... Thank God that my landlady has let us move in somethings before the real move in date... Their is a lot of stuff alrady in there... So we won't have much to do on Nov 1 st ... Yes I also got rid of so much stuff already . I am one to save every little thing I get.....

Now you just move a while ago right ? How are things going ?

Much love , Laurie R

Necee on 10/21/02 at 21:18 (098050)

Good luck Laurie with the MRI, and also with the moving. Thank goodness you aren't moving far, there is nothing more stressful than moving and having everything out of place. I love Suzanne's idea, helping a friend move and then snacking on moon pies sounds great.....I'll bring the barbeque and red beans!!!

Happy trails.......

Necee

wendyn on 10/21/02 at 22:52 (098060)

Hang in Laurie, we'll be thinking of you. Sorry to hear that your foot is not doing so well.

Are you moving to a bigger place?

Sometimes moving is good just to get things cleaned out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carole C in NOLA on 10/21/02 at 23:15 (098063)

Things are going well for me, thanks! I moved in about a month and a half ago. I got everything put away pretty quickly. It's much easier to unpack than pack, or at least it was for me. I have settled into a routine by now, and I even bought a few pieces of furniture, including two antiques... a barrister's bookcase and a small marble topped table of Honduran mahogany with rose carvings in the side. A rug and easy chair will be delivered on Friday.

I still need to buy some posters or artwork to put on the walls, and some interesting glassware or artwork to put in the mirrored display nook in the den. Also, my attempts to hang my big heavy mirror over my fireplace was thwarted because I can't find the studs by tapping. So, I need to buy one of those electronic 'studfinder' gizmos. Meanwhile my mirror is waiting to be hung, and the wall over my fireplace has at least half a dozen ugly nail holes in it where I missed the studs. But, they will not show once the mirror is up.

Carole C

Sharon W on 10/22/02 at 08:26 (098075)

Laurie,

Yeah, I'll bet you're kinda nervous about that! Good luck. I know you DON'T want any more surgery!!

Sharon

BrianG on 10/22/02 at 20:52 (098108)

Good luck with the MRI Lauri. What is it with these people who work for the insurance companies? Do they have to take a nasty test, or what!! I hope you take it easy during the move. I know it's important for you to be around, but it's even more important not to re-injure your feet. After all this time, you owe it to your self to take it easy until the doctor clears you.

Best wishes
BrianG