Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Has anyone heard of Dr. Conti in Pittsburgh?

Posted by Henry C on 10/21/02 at 07:51 (098005)

Has anyone heard of a Dr. Conti in Pittsburgh PA? My pain management doctor said he was the best foot and ankle doctor in Pittsburgh and he wanted me to see him.

Elliot, you are the walking reference on TTS, is this doctor any good with TTS.

Last Thursday I called Dr. Dellon's office and made an appointment. His first opening for new patients wasn't until January 21st of next year, but I got on his cancelation list.

Re: Has anyone heard of Dr. Conti in Pittsburgh?

Ellen F. on 10/21/02 at 10:19 (098025)

all i know is Elliott mentioned him to me. do you live in Pitts. area. I am excited i got appt. early Nov. with Dr. Sammarco in Cinn. per Elliotts recommendation, i was going to call dr. dellon for appt. but after reading your post on length of time??? You may want to go into the 'rate Dr.' section on the site and see if any info. is there on Dr. Conti.p.s. thanks for the insight on the Dr. Dellons appt. schedules.

Re: yes

elliott on 10/22/02 at 08:53 (098078)

He is one of the big-name F & A orthopedists in the U.S. His articles on posterior tibial tendon dysfunction are considered the standard. He has co-written some nerve-related articles with Sammarco. Certainly worth a visit, especially for such a complicated case as yours.

[]

Des L. on 11/02/02 at 20:30 (099107)

Henry,

I also have TTS and am experiencing much pain with it. I noticed on Elliot's response to you he mentioned you have a very complicated case of TTS. I wonder if you could explain. Maybe I'm too late in seeing your post for you to respond, but thought I'd try. Thanks.

Henry C on 11/04/02 at 08:15 (099251)

Des,

My case dates back to October 1996 when I initially fell and broke my ankle. Six months after being treated for a broken ankle it was discovered that in addition to the ankle fracture, I had knocked a hole the size of a quarter in my talar dome. In July of 1997, surgery was performed and a bone graft was placed in the hole. It was during that surgery that the nerves in my foot were injured and a year later, I was diagnosed with TTS.

In November 1998, Dr Mark Myerson performed a TTS nerve release that was somewhat unsucessful. After trying every conventional treatment available, Dr. Myerson referred me to Dr. Lew Schon. In March 2000, Dr. Schon performed his vien wrap procedure on me. Needless to say, it was also not a complete sucess.

I have tried every medication available and nothing has seemed to help. Yes the drugs do help with the pain, but not that much. Needless to say, this injury has ruined my life. I am just sick and tired of always having to take pills everyday. I am so fustrated that no one has been able to help me.

Last week, my pain management doctor sugested that I seek more help with my foot. I have an appointment with Dr. Conti on April 28, 2003. In the mean time I have also set up an appointment with Dr. Dellon in Baltimore. At this point I am desprete and will try anything to get some help.

Ellen F. on 10/21/02 at 10:19 (098025)

all i know is Elliott mentioned him to me. do you live in Pitts. area. I am excited i got appt. early Nov. with Dr. Sammarco in Cinn. per Elliotts recommendation, i was going to call dr. dellon for appt. but after reading your post on length of time??? You may want to go into the 'rate Dr.' section on the site and see if any info. is there on Dr. Conti.p.s. thanks for the insight on the Dr. Dellons appt. schedules.

Re: yes

elliott on 10/22/02 at 08:53 (098078)

He is one of the big-name F & A orthopedists in the U.S. His articles on posterior tibial tendon dysfunction are considered the standard. He has co-written some nerve-related articles with Sammarco. Certainly worth a visit, especially for such a complicated case as yours.

[]

Des L. on 11/02/02 at 20:30 (099107)

Henry,

I also have TTS and am experiencing much pain with it. I noticed on Elliot's response to you he mentioned you have a very complicated case of TTS. I wonder if you could explain. Maybe I'm too late in seeing your post for you to respond, but thought I'd try. Thanks.

Henry C on 11/04/02 at 08:15 (099251)

Des,

My case dates back to October 1996 when I initially fell and broke my ankle. Six months after being treated for a broken ankle it was discovered that in addition to the ankle fracture, I had knocked a hole the size of a quarter in my talar dome. In July of 1997, surgery was performed and a bone graft was placed in the hole. It was during that surgery that the nerves in my foot were injured and a year later, I was diagnosed with TTS.

In November 1998, Dr Mark Myerson performed a TTS nerve release that was somewhat unsucessful. After trying every conventional treatment available, Dr. Myerson referred me to Dr. Lew Schon. In March 2000, Dr. Schon performed his vien wrap procedure on me. Needless to say, it was also not a complete sucess.

I have tried every medication available and nothing has seemed to help. Yes the drugs do help with the pain, but not that much. Needless to say, this injury has ruined my life. I am just sick and tired of always having to take pills everyday. I am so fustrated that no one has been able to help me.

Last week, my pain management doctor sugested that I seek more help with my foot. I have an appointment with Dr. Conti on April 28, 2003. In the mean time I have also set up an appointment with Dr. Dellon in Baltimore. At this point I am desprete and will try anything to get some help.