Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Men

Posted by Carole C in NOLA on 10/22/02 at 21:41 (098112)

Sometimes men can be such INCREDIBLE JERKS!

Thank you, I needed that.

Carole C

Re: My boss is one!! I'm sorry, but it's the truth (NM)

Necee on 10/22/02 at 23:01 (098118)

Necee

Richard, C.Ped on 10/23/02 at 09:35 (098137)

Yeah!!!! My boss is one too!!! He can be so darn....oh...wait...I am my own boss...um....nevermind.
LOL
Richard

Necee on 10/23/02 at 12:40 (098151)

~~Thanks for the laugh this morning Richard!! (NM)

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: Men

wendyn on 10/23/02 at 22:35 (098193)

My boss is a woman, and I'm actually taller than she is. This is funny becuase I'm not even 5 foot 2.

But - you just feel free to vent Carole - one day maybe you'll fill us in!

Nancy N on 10/24/02 at 06:00 (098204)

I don't know why, but I've found men to be better bosses than women. Of course, this is just in my limited experience--but life seems so much more even-tempered when I'm working for a guy. Granted, my last boss was also an alcoholic, which explains a lot--but other women that I've worked for have seemed to be really over-demanding, which I'm guessing is an attempt to prove that they're good enough to do the job. Makes working for them rather unpleasant, though!!

Carole C in NOLA on 10/24/02 at 10:12 (098226)

Oh, I was just feeling so aggravated, Wendy. It's SUCH a long story. I typed it out but it went on for pages, so I deleted it. Here's the short version:

Basically, I have two men on my hands that I met and dated in real life in the long term (several months for one, and a couple of years for the other). But now, I'm stuck with both of them messaging me online every night or for long periods of time or e-mailing me. Both of them seem to think that's just wonderful and would like to take up all my time doing online messaging. These are not 'hot messages' (I don't do that) but they go on and on. Often I have both of them messaging me at the same time in the evenings.

WHY do some men think that messaging a friend or lover constantly is just as good as seeing them in real life, and that I have nothing else to do? Neither has another woman in their lives, I'm convinced. SOME MEN ARE SUCH JERKS!

What inspired the post was that one of them who lives 100 miles from me forgot he had promised to come see me in a week and a half (I've only seen him once in almost a year). It turned out that he planned two trips (Las Vegas and Australia) essentially back to back, instead. Apparently he forgot that he had promised to see me, and I didn't have the slightest idea that he had any trips in mind because he hadn't mentioned planning anything. Then, after he told me about all this he cut me off and went offline.

Carole C

Re: WOMEN!!!!!

Richard, C.Ped on 10/24/02 at 11:47 (098234)

No complaints...I just wanted to have that title on there as well. heeheehee
Richard, C.Ped

Necee on 10/24/02 at 12:55 (098244)

Your too sweet of a guy Richard to have anything bad to say about women, thanks for the laugh.

Happy trails...

Necee

wendyn on 10/24/02 at 13:13 (098249)

Carole - what a pain! I suggest you get a new instant messanger sign on and not tell them about your new nickname.

elliott on 10/24/02 at 15:18 (098262)

Yeah, but if a guy here posted a similar post but with the sexes inverted, I do believe the guy would get ripped to shreds for sexism.

^+

Carole C in NOLA on 10/24/02 at 16:16 (098268)

The one that upset me, Bobbie, is the only person that messages me on MSN messenger. So, I shut it down and I'm not answering his e-mails either. If I'm still furious in a week, I might uninstall MSN Messenger forever. I wanted to delete the hotmail account that goes with it anyway, so I might as well delete both at once.

I'm still hoping the other man, Frank, will return from Connecticut next year. He says he'll return after Christmas, but he just bought a house in Pennsylvania. 'Trust me' he says. My heart isn't FULLY broken by him yet, only 3/4. So, I guess I will let him string me along for a little longer.

Thanks for reading my rant. Sometimes it helps to vent! Maybe I should start making an effort to find someone new, a new companion who isn't so enamored with messaging. I've been sitting home alone messaging these two and not dating as often as I'd like for about six months.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 10/24/02 at 16:17 (098270)

Glad you have no complaints! (grin) By the way, not ALL men are jerks. I know that. You don't seem to be a jerk. :)

Carole C

nancy s. on 10/24/02 at 16:18 (098271)

elliott, i don't remember the details, but around a year ago someone, i think a guy, made a post here about how nasty women bosses are. and then a ton of women joined in and agreed with him! one never knows around here.... for the first ten years or so of my working life, it was a particular woman boss i ranked the worst, i mean the worst. but eventually a man beat her out, i went freelance, and that was the end of bosses for me.

i don't care too much for comparing genders. i prefer, let's see, people vs. animals. the animals win. go, carmen!

nancy

nancy s. on 10/24/02 at 16:24 (098272)

hmm, carole -- he just bought a house in pennsylvania but says to trust him? oh, i don't think so....

with your beautiful new house, why don't you take out a newspaper ad inviting all men to a housewarming? hire a couple of house and body guards for the evening, of course.

i think your instincts are right -- try for the in-person types.

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 10/24/02 at 16:43 (098274)

He SAYS the house is for a summer home (ha!), and is a hedge against inflation. Personally I think he's crazy to have bought it. It's 6-7 hours from where he now lives, since he's in CT living in a one room apartment, and the house is in western PA.

Now he's talking about getting cable modem in at the house, buying furniture, and getting the whole place set up. He's out there as we speak, having taken off from work in CT to go out there and get oil delivered for his furnace. He says, 'Trust me, there is method in my madness'. But, all I see is madness in his method.

Now that I own this beautiful house and have lived here for two months, nobody has seen it yet but me. Maybe I should try again to meet people. Somebody needs to see it before I get like the stereotypical little old lady who is always saying, 'careful! don't touch that!' and so on. I wonder if other people will mess my place up.

I met both of these men in real life, and dated them in real life for quite a while. Then they morphed into cyber types.

Carole C

elliott on 10/24/02 at 18:45 (098292)

I wonder if who does the posting matters. Anyway, I have a woman boss, and she's great! She's laid back about things, she gives me enough time to play around on the internet, she doesn't watch the clock when it comes to lunch break--she herself takes a long one since she runs, from which she also occasionally gets injured herself, so she's understanding about that too. In return, I work hard when demanded and am fiercely loyal. I wouldn't trade her for anything. WOMEN!!!!!

^-

Suzanne D on 10/24/02 at 19:01 (098296)

Carole, you seem to me to be an amazingly interesting person with lots of 'spunk', intelligence, and charm. So, as my mama used to say, 'You can do better, honey!' I hope it's o.k. to say that; I think you know I mean it with all good wishes!

Maybe you might want to take advantage of how well your feet are doing and join a club or group or association, etc. where you can meet some other interesting people. Then the next time one of your former boyfriends says he's bound for some vacation spot, you will be busy with your new friends and hardly know he's gone!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 10/24/02 at 19:44 (098298)

Suzanne, you can read my mind! That's just what I was thinking too. Even though my feet are better, I haven't been making the effort to get out as much as I did before PF. I used to really put a lot of effort into making friends and cultivating friendships, but I haven't lately. I guess I 'got in a rut' of just staying home alone.

But now, I need to make more of an effort to meet people. I've just been letting that slide for too long. You are so right!

Carole C

nancy s. on 10/24/02 at 21:25 (098305)

she sounds like the only kind of boss i could take at this point, and you're very lucky. WOMEN!!!!! my husband hasn't had a boss in a long time either, and i doubt he could take it. MEN!!!!!

ya know, over the years we've learned a whole lot here about john h's wife. when are you going to spill it? you could spice up the social/support board if you put your mind to it.

john h on 10/25/02 at 10:34 (098339)

My first boss was a woman. I worked for the Home Insursance Company just off Wall Street in NYC. I liked her and she promoted me. God bless womem bosses (except bossy wives!).

Necee on 10/22/02 at 23:01 (098118)

Necee

Richard, C.Ped on 10/23/02 at 09:35 (098137)

Yeah!!!! My boss is one too!!! He can be so darn....oh...wait...I am my own boss...um....nevermind.
LOL
Richard

Necee on 10/23/02 at 12:40 (098151)

~~Thanks for the laugh this morning Richard!! (NM)

Happy trails....

Necee

wendyn on 10/23/02 at 22:35 (098193)

My boss is a woman, and I'm actually taller than she is. This is funny becuase I'm not even 5 foot 2.

But - you just feel free to vent Carole - one day maybe you'll fill us in!

Nancy N on 10/24/02 at 06:00 (098204)

I don't know why, but I've found men to be better bosses than women. Of course, this is just in my limited experience--but life seems so much more even-tempered when I'm working for a guy. Granted, my last boss was also an alcoholic, which explains a lot--but other women that I've worked for have seemed to be really over-demanding, which I'm guessing is an attempt to prove that they're good enough to do the job. Makes working for them rather unpleasant, though!!

Carole C in NOLA on 10/24/02 at 10:12 (098226)

Oh, I was just feeling so aggravated, Wendy. It's SUCH a long story. I typed it out but it went on for pages, so I deleted it. Here's the short version:

Basically, I have two men on my hands that I met and dated in real life in the long term (several months for one, and a couple of years for the other). But now, I'm stuck with both of them messaging me online every night or for long periods of time or e-mailing me. Both of them seem to think that's just wonderful and would like to take up all my time doing online messaging. These are not 'hot messages' (I don't do that) but they go on and on. Often I have both of them messaging me at the same time in the evenings.

WHY do some men think that messaging a friend or lover constantly is just as good as seeing them in real life, and that I have nothing else to do? Neither has another woman in their lives, I'm convinced. SOME MEN ARE SUCH JERKS!

What inspired the post was that one of them who lives 100 miles from me forgot he had promised to come see me in a week and a half (I've only seen him once in almost a year). It turned out that he planned two trips (Las Vegas and Australia) essentially back to back, instead. Apparently he forgot that he had promised to see me, and I didn't have the slightest idea that he had any trips in mind because he hadn't mentioned planning anything. Then, after he told me about all this he cut me off and went offline.

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 10/24/02 at 11:47 (098234)

No complaints...I just wanted to have that title on there as well. heeheehee
Richard, C.Ped

Necee on 10/24/02 at 12:55 (098244)

Your too sweet of a guy Richard to have anything bad to say about women, thanks for the laugh.

Happy trails...

Necee

wendyn on 10/24/02 at 13:13 (098249)

Carole - what a pain! I suggest you get a new instant messanger sign on and not tell them about your new nickname.

elliott on 10/24/02 at 15:18 (098262)

Yeah, but if a guy here posted a similar post but with the sexes inverted, I do believe the guy would get ripped to shreds for sexism.

^+

Carole C in NOLA on 10/24/02 at 16:16 (098268)

The one that upset me, Bobbie, is the only person that messages me on MSN messenger. So, I shut it down and I'm not answering his e-mails either. If I'm still furious in a week, I might uninstall MSN Messenger forever. I wanted to delete the hotmail account that goes with it anyway, so I might as well delete both at once.

I'm still hoping the other man, Frank, will return from Connecticut next year. He says he'll return after Christmas, but he just bought a house in Pennsylvania. 'Trust me' he says. My heart isn't FULLY broken by him yet, only 3/4. So, I guess I will let him string me along for a little longer.

Thanks for reading my rant. Sometimes it helps to vent! Maybe I should start making an effort to find someone new, a new companion who isn't so enamored with messaging. I've been sitting home alone messaging these two and not dating as often as I'd like for about six months.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 10/24/02 at 16:17 (098270)

Glad you have no complaints! (grin) By the way, not ALL men are jerks. I know that. You don't seem to be a jerk. :)

Carole C

nancy s. on 10/24/02 at 16:18 (098271)

elliott, i don't remember the details, but around a year ago someone, i think a guy, made a post here about how nasty women bosses are. and then a ton of women joined in and agreed with him! one never knows around here.... for the first ten years or so of my working life, it was a particular woman boss i ranked the worst, i mean the worst. but eventually a man beat her out, i went freelance, and that was the end of bosses for me.

i don't care too much for comparing genders. i prefer, let's see, people vs. animals. the animals win. go, carmen!

nancy

nancy s. on 10/24/02 at 16:24 (098272)

hmm, carole -- he just bought a house in pennsylvania but says to trust him? oh, i don't think so....

with your beautiful new house, why don't you take out a newspaper ad inviting all men to a housewarming? hire a couple of house and body guards for the evening, of course.

i think your instincts are right -- try for the in-person types.

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 10/24/02 at 16:43 (098274)

He SAYS the house is for a summer home (ha!), and is a hedge against inflation. Personally I think he's crazy to have bought it. It's 6-7 hours from where he now lives, since he's in CT living in a one room apartment, and the house is in western PA.

Now he's talking about getting cable modem in at the house, buying furniture, and getting the whole place set up. He's out there as we speak, having taken off from work in CT to go out there and get oil delivered for his furnace. He says, 'Trust me, there is method in my madness'. But, all I see is madness in his method.

Now that I own this beautiful house and have lived here for two months, nobody has seen it yet but me. Maybe I should try again to meet people. Somebody needs to see it before I get like the stereotypical little old lady who is always saying, 'careful! don't touch that!' and so on. I wonder if other people will mess my place up.

I met both of these men in real life, and dated them in real life for quite a while. Then they morphed into cyber types.

Carole C

elliott on 10/24/02 at 18:45 (098292)

I wonder if who does the posting matters. Anyway, I have a woman boss, and she's great! She's laid back about things, she gives me enough time to play around on the internet, she doesn't watch the clock when it comes to lunch break--she herself takes a long one since she runs, from which she also occasionally gets injured herself, so she's understanding about that too. In return, I work hard when demanded and am fiercely loyal. I wouldn't trade her for anything. WOMEN!!!!!

^-

Suzanne D on 10/24/02 at 19:01 (098296)

Carole, you seem to me to be an amazingly interesting person with lots of 'spunk', intelligence, and charm. So, as my mama used to say, 'You can do better, honey!' I hope it's o.k. to say that; I think you know I mean it with all good wishes!

Maybe you might want to take advantage of how well your feet are doing and join a club or group or association, etc. where you can meet some other interesting people. Then the next time one of your former boyfriends says he's bound for some vacation spot, you will be busy with your new friends and hardly know he's gone!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 10/24/02 at 19:44 (098298)

Suzanne, you can read my mind! That's just what I was thinking too. Even though my feet are better, I haven't been making the effort to get out as much as I did before PF. I used to really put a lot of effort into making friends and cultivating friendships, but I haven't lately. I guess I 'got in a rut' of just staying home alone.

But now, I need to make more of an effort to meet people. I've just been letting that slide for too long. You are so right!

Carole C

nancy s. on 10/24/02 at 21:25 (098305)

she sounds like the only kind of boss i could take at this point, and you're very lucky. WOMEN!!!!! my husband hasn't had a boss in a long time either, and i doubt he could take it. MEN!!!!!

ya know, over the years we've learned a whole lot here about john h's wife. when are you going to spill it? you could spice up the social/support board if you put your mind to it.

john h on 10/25/02 at 10:34 (098339)

My first boss was a woman. I worked for the Home Insursance Company just off Wall Street in NYC. I liked her and she promoted me. God bless womem bosses (except bossy wives!).