Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

still doing great after ESWT treatements 1 1/2 year ago

Posted by Rekha S on 10/24/02 at 18:03 (098286)

Hi guys. I barely come to this site anymore due to the fact that I have gotten so much better and was able to return to a full time job.

I had 2 treatments of eswt and it has been the best decision I have made for my feet. I had tried everything, and had resigned to living a life full of painful step after step.

Now, it is on a rare occasion that I think of my feet, where 2 years ago all I thought of was my aching feet. I would barely walk, and gained 25 lbs. It only compounded my problem.

Now, 30 lbs lighter, I am doing great! I am so happy that this worked for me! I still never go barefoot, and always wear heel gel cups in any shoe I wear, if it a sandle, then I glue it on there,. I am very careful so my problem doesnt come back.

If anyone would like to contact me, please e-mail at (email removed), I would recommend this procedure to anyone who is considering surgery.

Re: To Rekha still doing great after ESWT treatements 1 1/2 year ago

Pauline on 10/24/02 at 18:45 (098291)

Hi Rekha,
Glad you finally found relief. One of your earlier post indicated you had a total of 4 ESWT treatments. Were they all on the Ossatron? Any insurance coverage or were all four treatments totally an out of pocket expense? Did you have any difficulty getting the doctor to give you 4 treatments?

This is the post I'm referring to:

I am stil doing good!! View Thread
Posted by Rekha sharma on 11/15/01 at 11:47

Hi everyone...I had eswt 4 times in the last year and a half, and it is the best decision I ever made in my life...My feet are doing very well...I hardly ever think about them anymore..I don't cringe when I get up in the morning..and take my first step.

I have my life back.....

e-mail me if you want to try this..

Rekha S on 10/25/02 at 09:11 (098323)

hi there, all four treatments were out of my pocket, and I felt better after the first time, but had a recurrance after the 2nd one...I then went on to treatment 3/4 and was feeling better than ever within a few weeks! here I am two years later doing excellent!

The orbasone was what I used and I had no trouble getting it any time at D. Shapow's office in Los Angeles

Pauline on 10/24/02 at 18:45 (098291)

Hi Rekha,
Glad you finally found relief. One of your earlier post indicated you had a total of 4 ESWT treatments. Were they all on the Ossatron? Any insurance coverage or were all four treatments totally an out of pocket expense? Did you have any difficulty getting the doctor to give you 4 treatments?

This is the post I'm referring to:

I am stil doing good!! View Thread
Posted by Rekha sharma on 11/15/01 at 11:47

Hi everyone...I had eswt 4 times in the last year and a half, and it is the best decision I ever made in my life...My feet are doing very well...I hardly ever think about them anymore..I don't cringe when I get up in the morning..and take my first step.

I have my life back.....

e-mail me if you want to try this..

Rekha S on 10/25/02 at 09:11 (098323)

hi there, all four treatments were out of my pocket, and I felt better after the first time, but had a recurrance after the 2nd one...I then went on to treatment 3/4 and was feeling better than ever within a few weeks! here I am two years later doing excellent!

The orbasone was what I used and I had no trouble getting it any time at D. Shapow's office in Los Angeles