Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pain in the ankle

Posted by Ginger L on 10/26/02 at 21:28 (098415)

I have pain on the outside of the ankle with numbness in the tip of the foot and last threee toes. Sometimes the pain is severe in the calf all the way up to my hip. This has been going on for weeks and is getting worse. I have been taking advil and it helps alittle. It hurts at the begining of exercise but then feels better, is worse at night and in the morning. I am not diabetic. I do have carpel tunnel and it feels like that in my foot. Could this be Tarsal tennel syndrome?

Re: pain in the ankle

Lauri G on 10/27/02 at 06:04 (098422)

Hi I have been diagnosed with need ing a subtalar Fusion-they say I have no cartilidge left in the subtalor is bone on bone-wore awway-and that I need it fused-but I am so young-Is there anything else that can be done-besides this? Is there anything that can be done to build new cartilage? Thanks Lauri

Re: pain in the ankle

Lauri G on 10/27/02 at 06:04 (098422)

Hi I have been diagnosed with need ing a subtalar Fusion-they say I have no cartilidge left in the subtalor is bone on bone-wore awway-and that I need it fused-but I am so young-Is there anything else that can be done-besides this? Is there anything that can be done to build new cartilage? Thanks Lauri