Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Please help me someone...I am desparate!

Posted by Faye T on 10/27/02 at 17:06 (098446)

Hi, i am having a really bad time with my feet. They are painfully hot and itchy. It does not look like i have athletes feet, but they are dry. I have tried different types of antifungal creams and sprays. I have tried lotions and even antibiotic cream (that helps for a couple of hours). But whether i have shoes on or not they get hot and start burning....I can't take it anymore...Can someone please help me?
Faye

Re: Please help me someone...I am desparate!

carmen h on 10/27/02 at 19:27 (098453)

I receommend you read the PF book...see if any of those things fit what's going on with you. Also make an appt. with a podiatrist.
Post a little more about your symptoms here:
Do your heels or arches hurt? WHAT hurts exactly?
Do they itch inside or on the skin surface?
Is there anythign that triggers it more than other times?

Richard, C.Ped on 10/28/02 at 13:43 (098493)

Hi Faye,
Not to scare you or anything, but those symptoms are described to me all the time with my diabetic patients. If no one can figure out anything such as ruling out athletes foot, ask your doctor if he/she thinks you should have tests to rule out circulation problems.
Richard, C.Ped

Faye T on 10/29/02 at 22:45 (098636)

Maybe u are right about that, because my feet are hot and itchy all over, even on the top of my feet. They seem to do better when they are cold, like right now because my floor is very cold, or when i stick them in cold water for a few minutes, but as soo as they warm up they start itching really bad, so I will go to the DR and have them check for circulation...thank you...and if you have any other suggestions for me that i can try before i can get to the DR, i would appreciate it...Thanks again.

carmen h on 10/27/02 at 19:27 (098453)

I receommend you read the PF book...see if any of those things fit what's going on with you. Also make an appt. with a podiatrist.
Post a little more about your symptoms here:
Do your heels or arches hurt? WHAT hurts exactly?
Do they itch inside or on the skin surface?
Is there anythign that triggers it more than other times?

Richard, C.Ped on 10/28/02 at 13:43 (098493)

Hi Faye,
Not to scare you or anything, but those symptoms are described to me all the time with my diabetic patients. If no one can figure out anything such as ruling out athletes foot, ask your doctor if he/she thinks you should have tests to rule out circulation problems.
Richard, C.Ped

Faye T on 10/29/02 at 22:45 (098636)

Maybe u are right about that, because my feet are hot and itchy all over, even on the top of my feet. They seem to do better when they are cold, like right now because my floor is very cold, or when i stick them in cold water for a few minutes, but as soo as they warm up they start itching really bad, so I will go to the DR and have them check for circulation...thank you...and if you have any other suggestions for me that i can try before i can get to the DR, i would appreciate it...Thanks again.