Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

contacting scott

Posted by scott r on 10/28/02 at 18:42 (098515)

to let me know of problems on the board, email my cell phone:

http://message.alltel.com/customer_site/jsp/messaging.jsp?devicetype=1&min=3343032604

actually, if a few could do it today just for kicks, it might be nice. I can't reply yet because I haven't spent the extra $7.

Re: contacting scott

nancy s. on 10/29/02 at 06:29 (098532)

what's this? people can email cell phones now? i hate to sound like a backwoods throwback, but what next. what if you never get around to forking over the $7, scott? can we still just email you the NORMAL way?
nancy

Re: email scott's cell phone

scott r on 10/30/02 at 14:56 (098685)

OK, I have a better way. Just replace 'scott' in my email address with 'cell' if you need to send up to 160 characters, including subject line, to my cell phone. It's also cc'd to my regular email.

john h on 12/21/02 at 21:31 (103718)

Nancy: you can send me a (short) message on my cell phone by going to http://www.cinglular.com amd finding the area to type in my cell phone number and then type the message. If your phone is so equipped you can send me a message from your phone.

nancy s. on 12/22/02 at 06:24 (103726)

john, are you trying to confuse me at dawn? this thread took place almost two months ago!

nevertheless, one day soon i will test out this technology and email your cell phone via that website you list. gotta keep up with the times.

nancy

john h on 12/23/02 at 09:24 (103839)

Nancy: I rarely look on this board so yes I am a little behind. I knew that when I saw a post by Elliott. Does your cell phone have message capability. Also I want to know how much memory your computer has. Look under the little Apple Icon on top of the screen and check 'about this computer'.

nancy s. on 12/23/02 at 15:08 (103853)

i don't have a cell phone, john. i am still being dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 20th century, never mind the 21st. we're lucky when one of our two regular phones in the house is working. usually about half a phone is working.

here i'm in the middle of the post, when i realize i should've checked the apple before getting into internet explorer -- because right now it says up there 'about internet explorer.'

i did look at 'memory' in my control panel, and it says:
'available for use on disk: 997M
available built-in memory: 96M'

but i'll log off, check the apple again, and add to this post if it says something different.

nancy

Re: contacting scott -- john, memory-post #2

nancy s. on 12/23/02 at 15:13 (103854)

ok, it says the following:

built-in memory: 96MB
virtual memory: 97 MB used on Macintosh HD
largest unused block: 61.5 MB

what is this telling you?

nancy

nancy s. on 10/29/02 at 06:29 (098532)

what's this? people can email cell phones now? i hate to sound like a backwoods throwback, but what next. what if you never get around to forking over the $7, scott? can we still just email you the NORMAL way?
nancy

Re: email scott's cell phone

scott r on 10/30/02 at 14:56 (098685)

OK, I have a better way. Just replace 'scott' in my email address with 'cell' if you need to send up to 160 characters, including subject line, to my cell phone. It's also cc'd to my regular email.

john h on 12/21/02 at 21:31 (103718)

Nancy: you can send me a (short) message on my cell phone by going to http://www.cinglular.com amd finding the area to type in my cell phone number and then type the message. If your phone is so equipped you can send me a message from your phone.

nancy s. on 12/22/02 at 06:24 (103726)

john, are you trying to confuse me at dawn? this thread took place almost two months ago!

nevertheless, one day soon i will test out this technology and email your cell phone via that website you list. gotta keep up with the times.

nancy

john h on 12/23/02 at 09:24 (103839)

Nancy: I rarely look on this board so yes I am a little behind. I knew that when I saw a post by Elliott. Does your cell phone have message capability. Also I want to know how much memory your computer has. Look under the little Apple Icon on top of the screen and check 'about this computer'.

nancy s. on 12/23/02 at 15:08 (103853)

i don't have a cell phone, john. i am still being dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 20th century, never mind the 21st. we're lucky when one of our two regular phones in the house is working. usually about half a phone is working.

here i'm in the middle of the post, when i realize i should've checked the apple before getting into internet explorer -- because right now it says up there 'about internet explorer.'

i did look at 'memory' in my control panel, and it says:
'available for use on disk: 997M
available built-in memory: 96M'

but i'll log off, check the apple again, and add to this post if it says something different.

nancy

Re: contacting scott -- john, memory-post #2

nancy s. on 12/23/02 at 15:13 (103854)

ok, it says the following:

built-in memory: 96MB
virtual memory: 97 MB used on Macintosh HD
largest unused block: 61.5 MB

what is this telling you?

nancy