Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

since we're only allowed to discuss food and not how to get rid of it...

Posted by elliott on 10/30/02 at 08:43 (098655)

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2002-10-29-eat-cake_x.htm

[]

Re: since we're only allowed to discuss food and not how to get rid of it...

nancy s. on 10/30/02 at 09:16 (098658)

aw, now, don't be silly. how to lose weight has been a frequent and sometimes ongoing discussion on these boards for years; it's not only allowed, it's been done and done and continues to be done, and in many cases that's good. and the referrals to sites are always most welcome. but let's not be dour about it, or make people feel they shouldn't discuss food without always discussing how actually no one should eat much of it or, god forbid, the wrong food. isn't that being a bit politically healthfully correct? people are their own food police too much as it is. correction is taking place in the national mind and attitude. now we'll need to correct the overcorrection.

i'll start, by reviewing in detail necee's moon pie when it gets here and, oh my god no, when i've eaten it.

elliott on 10/30/02 at 09:29 (098659)

Well, actually, I posted this article just so we all cold have a good laugh. Did you see what they said at the end of the article about those in the yoga class? :-)

nancy s. on 10/30/02 at 09:44 (098660)

yes, actually, it's a Great laugh -- especially after i heard you laughing also. the yoga-class reference was funny, true, but my favorite was the quote about what's-the-point-of-being-the-healthiest-one-in-the-graveyard. absolutely love that one!
a quote from a canadian newspaper hung on my wall for a long time. lost it in the last move, i guess. it was something about how the only thing wrong with (over)worrying about the health of the body is what it does to the health of the mind. but ya had to be there.

elliott on 10/30/02 at 10:05 (098662)

Yeah, why be the healthiest one in the graveyard? Good line, that. Far better to be the youngest. :-)

[]

nancy s. on 10/30/02 at 11:46 (098670)

as some wise person once said (this is a paraphrase), 'if you give up supposedly unhealthy eating, drinking, and smoking, you don't actually live longer -- it just SEEMS longer.'

nancy s. on 10/30/02 at 09:16 (098658)

aw, now, don't be silly. how to lose weight has been a frequent and sometimes ongoing discussion on these boards for years; it's not only allowed, it's been done and done and continues to be done, and in many cases that's good. and the referrals to sites are always most welcome. but let's not be dour about it, or make people feel they shouldn't discuss food without always discussing how actually no one should eat much of it or, god forbid, the wrong food. isn't that being a bit politically healthfully correct? people are their own food police too much as it is. correction is taking place in the national mind and attitude. now we'll need to correct the overcorrection.

i'll start, by reviewing in detail necee's moon pie when it gets here and, oh my god no, when i've eaten it.

elliott on 10/30/02 at 09:29 (098659)

Well, actually, I posted this article just so we all cold have a good laugh. Did you see what they said at the end of the article about those in the yoga class? :-)

nancy s. on 10/30/02 at 09:44 (098660)

yes, actually, it's a Great laugh -- especially after i heard you laughing also. the yoga-class reference was funny, true, but my favorite was the quote about what's-the-point-of-being-the-healthiest-one-in-the-graveyard. absolutely love that one!
a quote from a canadian newspaper hung on my wall for a long time. lost it in the last move, i guess. it was something about how the only thing wrong with (over)worrying about the health of the body is what it does to the health of the mind. but ya had to be there.

elliott on 10/30/02 at 10:05 (098662)

Yeah, why be the healthiest one in the graveyard? Good line, that. Far better to be the youngest. :-)

[]

nancy s. on 10/30/02 at 11:46 (098670)

as some wise person once said (this is a paraphrase), 'if you give up supposedly unhealthy eating, drinking, and smoking, you don't actually live longer -- it just SEEMS longer.'