Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heelspurs

Posted by barbara h on 10/30/02 at 23:27 (098756)

i have been diagnoised with two heel spurs on both feet. i have had had them for at least ten years. five years ago i had my bunions removed and my heel spurs did not bother me that much. i have had shots and pills for them.. now they are causing me a great deal of agony affecting my legs and hips. i am a waitress and am constantly on my feet at this point i cannot change jobs. i am my own sole support and need to find the safest and least evasive way to deal with this. i cannot be out of work that long. what shoul d i do.

Re: heelspurs

BrianG on 11/01/02 at 11:51 (098911)

Hi Barbara,

Two things to try are: ice, and taping. I just use small bags of frozen peas, for the ice. They conform nicely to my heels. Taping methods can be found in Scott's book, or try the 'seach' feature. Both will help most people.

Good luck
BianG, not a doc

PS: Please do not think that you 'have' to go to work. If your pain gets worse, rest is one of the things that helps the most. Heelspurs can be harder to get over, than a heat attack, for some people. Have you started documenting your heel problems with your work? It will be necessary, in case you ever have to go out on disability, or workman's comp. Good luck and I hope your case doesn't get that bad.

barbara h on 11/07/02 at 00:40 (099545)

unfortunately the pain is bad there is not a moment i don't feel pain. it will not go away and i really am at a loss except to go to the doctor. does anyone know how long i might be off my feet. i plan on if any surgery is done i need to do both at the same time. my boss is wanting me to get this problem taken care of as soon as possible, we open a new restaurant in feb. and he has requested that i be part of the opening team since i am lead trainer.

BrianG on 11/01/02 at 11:51 (098911)

Hi Barbara,

Two things to try are: ice, and taping. I just use small bags of frozen peas, for the ice. They conform nicely to my heels. Taping methods can be found in Scott's book, or try the 'seach' feature. Both will help most people.

Good luck
BianG, not a doc

PS: Please do not think that you 'have' to go to work. If your pain gets worse, rest is one of the things that helps the most. Heelspurs can be harder to get over, than a heat attack, for some people. Have you started documenting your heel problems with your work? It will be necessary, in case you ever have to go out on disability, or workman's comp. Good luck and I hope your case doesn't get that bad.

barbara h on 11/07/02 at 00:40 (099545)

unfortunately the pain is bad there is not a moment i don't feel pain. it will not go away and i really am at a loss except to go to the doctor. does anyone know how long i might be off my feet. i plan on if any surgery is done i need to do both at the same time. my boss is wanting me to get this problem taken care of as soon as possible, we open a new restaurant in feb. and he has requested that i be part of the opening team since i am lead trainer.