Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Night splint and numb toes

Posted by Mike P on 10/31/02 at 15:32 (098818)

I am still battling PF for 14 months now. The doctor prescribed a night splint along with other therapy. Now I have continued numbness in my 3rd and 4th toes.... Anyone with a similar experience? Thanks

Re: Night splint and numb toes

Kathy G on 11/01/02 at 08:57 (098886)

Hi Mike,

Bring your night splint to the doctor and show him how you're wearing it. Perhaps you're wearing it incorrectly. If not, you may be experiencing symptoms caused by another concurrent condition. I experienced numbness in my toes due to a Morton's Neuroma. This was prior to developing PF but the two do not always go hand in hand. I wouldn't let it go. I'd definitely go to the doctor and get his opinion.

Of course, this is just my opinion and I'm sure no doctor!

Good luck!

carmen h on 11/01/02 at 09:07 (098887)

I got numb toes when I wore it too....I quit wearing it.

john h on 11/02/02 at 14:06 (099042)

Scott: Numbness in your toes should require further investigation as this is not the usual symptom for PF. Maybe TTS or something else. Get another opinion or two on this one.

Kathy G on 11/01/02 at 08:57 (098886)

Hi Mike,

Bring your night splint to the doctor and show him how you're wearing it. Perhaps you're wearing it incorrectly. If not, you may be experiencing symptoms caused by another concurrent condition. I experienced numbness in my toes due to a Morton's Neuroma. This was prior to developing PF but the two do not always go hand in hand. I wouldn't let it go. I'd definitely go to the doctor and get his opinion.

Of course, this is just my opinion and I'm sure no doctor!

Good luck!

carmen h on 11/01/02 at 09:07 (098887)

I got numb toes when I wore it too....I quit wearing it.

john h on 11/02/02 at 14:06 (099042)

Scott: Numbness in your toes should require further investigation as this is not the usual symptom for PF. Maybe TTS or something else. Get another opinion or two on this one.