Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Lets have some fun . Who is Bill ?

Posted by Drd. Z on 10/31/02 at 22:26 (098859)

I think I know who Bill is . Here is my hint. This person hasn't been on heelspurs.com for the past few days or maybe even a week . This person never misses a chance to engage in a friendly conversation about anything that is controversal.

This person loves Dr. Z and is an expert in FDA regulations.

Come on . She ( hint Hint) loves Dr. Z, that should give it away.

The winner will get a free Soncur ESWT machine.if Bill approves it

Re: Lets have some fun . Who is Bill ?

Julie on 11/01/02 at 02:27 (098866)

Aha! There are certainly some similarities in delivery. But I seriously doubt that your candidate for Bill-ness would stoop to hiding behind a pseudonym.

rob a on 11/01/02 at 06:49 (098878)

If Bill is a real name and he is so concerned only with the Sonocur then I'm still guessing that it might be Dr. Bill Jordan, CEO and founder of Sonorex. I hope it isn't the person you are hinting it might be, Of course, I have no way of knowing for sure. As for hundreds of indications taking many years Dr. Z; I believe that when they made the temp CPT codes for PF and the other for all other indications, that was a way to speed up the approval for all other indications that was in anticipation to come. The first approval is normally the hardest. Once you can prove that another similar indication works as well then they are more open to sign off approval for other similar indications. As long as the devices will be use for tendiopathys, there should not be any major issues.

Re: first let's figure out who is Drd. Z :-)

elliott on 11/01/02 at 08:14 (098882)

Nah, I don't think so, Dr. Z. She never had such technical proficiency (albeit sometimes wrong) as Bill has. First do a 'search' on her name using that feature on heelspurs, then repeatedly do a find on 'FDA' to give the intersection of her posts and discussions on FDA. You'll see what I mean. Furthermore, in that set of posts you will dig up an exchange where she was quite happy to hear that a cheaper device came out undercutting others' pricing; that device was the Sonocur. It just doesn't fit. Furthermore, she never had an axe to grind with Dr. Ed. She may be strident here, too strident even for my taste, but I still believe her intentions are sincere, even if you and others don't like her. I say wrong.

[]

Re: Please -- just a few more hints.......

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/01/02 at 10:17 (098894)

Not enough clues for me... just a few more hints....
Ed

john h on 11/01/02 at 10:24 (098896)

Dr Z: Scott I think has the capability to identify Bill just as he did Dr. Lewi but knowing Scott I am sure he will keep a post confidential. Surely you are not suggesting Bill is 'P'? I know you two have a relationship of the first order.

john h on 11/01/02 at 10:39 (098902)

Seems one of the tenets of the law is that you always get to face your accusers. I still do not understand why Bill will not stand up and be counted. Bill is well versed on this subject I will give him that. Just glad he is not my Doctor. this sure takes me back to the days of Dr. Huey Lewi. I know of another very bright guy on this board who has the knowledge and the sense of humor to stir up this contraversy. Some years ago he got me fired up on some military subject until I realized my chain was being jerked. I will never know for sure who it was but I think I do. Like Bill he suddenly appeared and just as suddenly departed. It is called stirring the pot.

Re: Elliott, a partial winner

BrianG on 11/01/02 at 12:02 (098913)

Elliott, you are correct. I happen to remember that this person is not currently posting, due to medical reasons. If she has something to say, she has always used her own name. If Bill doesn't fess up, then Scott is probably your only hope!

BrianG

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/01/02 at 14:59 (098929)

Considering his amount of knowledge of the FDA as well as his knowledge of the potential financial relationships between doctors and Healthtronics, his knowledge of some of the Sonorex costs, I would think that he is an 'insider.' Possibly a competing doctor or an individual working for a competing company. He has made too many factual errors to be an attorney.
Ed

Bill on 11/01/02 at 16:03 (098940)

Do you really think that I have made factual errors or do you just disagree with my posts?

Can you cite any peer reviewed studies that support your position and were not written by Rompe?

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/01/02 at 16:13 (098943)

You have made numerous errors pertaining to the usage of 'off label' treatments. Why will you not reveal your identity?
Ed

rob a on 11/01/02 at 19:03 (098963)

What an interesting subject Bill has become! Who is Bill, what is Bill, what motives drive him to agitate the beehive we swarm in! Reveal thyself stranger and lift this mysterious veil you hide yourself with! Seriously though; I'm finding it unsettling that someone has made so many acusations and does not have the courtesy to state what credentials this being possesses. We have the right to freedom of expression and Bill is certainly entitled to it as any of us are, but if you point fingers at people and accuse them of improprieties then it would not be unreasonable of those people to want to know what makes Bill such an authority in these matters. Am I wrong here people?

nancy s. on 11/01/02 at 19:42 (098964)

no rob, you're not wrong; you're absolutely right. i'm not inclined to give much credence to the posts of anyone who is hiding -- and bill is hiding. his reasoning on the identity issue amounted to zero.

if i were an object of his accusations, i would ignore him unless he cuts out the silly hiding game. i don't think he merits a response, as the situation now stands.

nancy

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/01/02 at 20:24 (098971)

Nancy:

Your advice on ignoring Bill is well taken. It is somewhat hard for me to do as I am a known entity and an individual who has an obligation to provide useful information.
Ed

Julie on 11/02/02 at 01:22 (098985)

Rob

You are right. I have just told Bill on the other thread where the main discussion is proceeding that to say, as he did yesterday, that he prefers not to say what his background is because it isn't important, is ingenuous: that if he has an interest, he should declare it. I have also told him that although his conversation is with Ed, this is a public message board and that we are entitled to know what his interest is so that we can take it into account.

Ed, of course you can't ignore him. You're keeping your end up very well: I'm only sorry you should have to waste your time like this.

john h on 11/02/02 at 09:19 (099001)

Brian: I think Bill is definitely a 'he' amd I think I know who he is. he is bright, atriculate, and knowledgable in all phases of this subject and can have a dark sense of humor.

Re: john h

elliott on 11/02/02 at 18:55 (099091)

Just in case someone thinks you mean me, I may be bright, articulate, knowledgeable, and have a dark sense of humor :-), but I'm not the one.

nancy s. on 11/02/02 at 19:30 (099097)

dr ed, it's true, my advice to ignore was in this case idealistic and not realistic. of course you've had to respond -- any human being would -- and i want you to know that i fully respect your positions and your approach to your work.

nancy

elliott on 11/02/02 at 22:12 (099117)

Dr. Ed, I sort of agree with Nancy S. There's far too many posts saying the same thing that it's beginning to look comical. Bill's obviously not gonna reveal who he is no matter how many times he is asked, and there seems not too much to be gained by keeping on responding to him; it's almost fanning the burnt-out flames. At this point I don't think it's really going to malign your reputation if you don't respond.

john h on 11/03/02 at 10:40 (099153)

No Elliott buddy I did not mean you as you of all people would stand up and say what you thought regardless. By the way I am about as good a profilier as were all thos sniper profliers we saw on TV. I still have a good guess abouut old Bill. He is actually a pretty good guy.

Julie on 11/01/02 at 02:27 (098866)

Aha! There are certainly some similarities in delivery. But I seriously doubt that your candidate for Bill-ness would stoop to hiding behind a pseudonym.

rob a on 11/01/02 at 06:49 (098878)

If Bill is a real name and he is so concerned only with the Sonocur then I'm still guessing that it might be Dr. Bill Jordan, CEO and founder of Sonorex. I hope it isn't the person you are hinting it might be, Of course, I have no way of knowing for sure. As for hundreds of indications taking many years Dr. Z; I believe that when they made the temp CPT codes for PF and the other for all other indications, that was a way to speed up the approval for all other indications that was in anticipation to come. The first approval is normally the hardest. Once you can prove that another similar indication works as well then they are more open to sign off approval for other similar indications. As long as the devices will be use for tendiopathys, there should not be any major issues.

elliott on 11/01/02 at 08:14 (098882)

Nah, I don't think so, Dr. Z. She never had such technical proficiency (albeit sometimes wrong) as Bill has. First do a 'search' on her name using that feature on heelspurs, then repeatedly do a find on 'FDA' to give the intersection of her posts and discussions on FDA. You'll see what I mean. Furthermore, in that set of posts you will dig up an exchange where she was quite happy to hear that a cheaper device came out undercutting others' pricing; that device was the Sonocur. It just doesn't fit. Furthermore, she never had an axe to grind with Dr. Ed. She may be strident here, too strident even for my taste, but I still believe her intentions are sincere, even if you and others don't like her. I say wrong.

[]

Re: Please -- just a few more hints.......

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/01/02 at 10:17 (098894)

Not enough clues for me... just a few more hints....
Ed

john h on 11/01/02 at 10:24 (098896)

Dr Z: Scott I think has the capability to identify Bill just as he did Dr. Lewi but knowing Scott I am sure he will keep a post confidential. Surely you are not suggesting Bill is 'P'? I know you two have a relationship of the first order.

john h on 11/01/02 at 10:39 (098902)

Seems one of the tenets of the law is that you always get to face your accusers. I still do not understand why Bill will not stand up and be counted. Bill is well versed on this subject I will give him that. Just glad he is not my Doctor. this sure takes me back to the days of Dr. Huey Lewi. I know of another very bright guy on this board who has the knowledge and the sense of humor to stir up this contraversy. Some years ago he got me fired up on some military subject until I realized my chain was being jerked. I will never know for sure who it was but I think I do. Like Bill he suddenly appeared and just as suddenly departed. It is called stirring the pot.

BrianG on 11/01/02 at 12:02 (098913)

Elliott, you are correct. I happen to remember that this person is not currently posting, due to medical reasons. If she has something to say, she has always used her own name. If Bill doesn't fess up, then Scott is probably your only hope!

BrianG

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/01/02 at 14:59 (098929)

Considering his amount of knowledge of the FDA as well as his knowledge of the potential financial relationships between doctors and Healthtronics, his knowledge of some of the Sonorex costs, I would think that he is an 'insider.' Possibly a competing doctor or an individual working for a competing company. He has made too many factual errors to be an attorney.
Ed

Bill on 11/01/02 at 16:03 (098940)

Do you really think that I have made factual errors or do you just disagree with my posts?

Can you cite any peer reviewed studies that support your position and were not written by Rompe?

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/01/02 at 16:13 (098943)

You have made numerous errors pertaining to the usage of 'off label' treatments. Why will you not reveal your identity?
Ed

rob a on 11/01/02 at 19:03 (098963)

What an interesting subject Bill has become! Who is Bill, what is Bill, what motives drive him to agitate the beehive we swarm in! Reveal thyself stranger and lift this mysterious veil you hide yourself with! Seriously though; I'm finding it unsettling that someone has made so many acusations and does not have the courtesy to state what credentials this being possesses. We have the right to freedom of expression and Bill is certainly entitled to it as any of us are, but if you point fingers at people and accuse them of improprieties then it would not be unreasonable of those people to want to know what makes Bill such an authority in these matters. Am I wrong here people?

nancy s. on 11/01/02 at 19:42 (098964)

no rob, you're not wrong; you're absolutely right. i'm not inclined to give much credence to the posts of anyone who is hiding -- and bill is hiding. his reasoning on the identity issue amounted to zero.

if i were an object of his accusations, i would ignore him unless he cuts out the silly hiding game. i don't think he merits a response, as the situation now stands.

nancy

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/01/02 at 20:24 (098971)

Nancy:

Your advice on ignoring Bill is well taken. It is somewhat hard for me to do as I am a known entity and an individual who has an obligation to provide useful information.
Ed

Julie on 11/02/02 at 01:22 (098985)

Rob

You are right. I have just told Bill on the other thread where the main discussion is proceeding that to say, as he did yesterday, that he prefers not to say what his background is because it isn't important, is ingenuous: that if he has an interest, he should declare it. I have also told him that although his conversation is with Ed, this is a public message board and that we are entitled to know what his interest is so that we can take it into account.

Ed, of course you can't ignore him. You're keeping your end up very well: I'm only sorry you should have to waste your time like this.

john h on 11/02/02 at 09:19 (099001)

Brian: I think Bill is definitely a 'he' amd I think I know who he is. he is bright, atriculate, and knowledgable in all phases of this subject and can have a dark sense of humor.

elliott on 11/02/02 at 18:55 (099091)

Just in case someone thinks you mean me, I may be bright, articulate, knowledgeable, and have a dark sense of humor :-), but I'm not the one.

nancy s. on 11/02/02 at 19:30 (099097)

dr ed, it's true, my advice to ignore was in this case idealistic and not realistic. of course you've had to respond -- any human being would -- and i want you to know that i fully respect your positions and your approach to your work.

nancy

elliott on 11/02/02 at 22:12 (099117)

Dr. Ed, I sort of agree with Nancy S. There's far too many posts saying the same thing that it's beginning to look comical. Bill's obviously not gonna reveal who he is no matter how many times he is asked, and there seems not too much to be gained by keeping on responding to him; it's almost fanning the burnt-out flames. At this point I don't think it's really going to malign your reputation if you don't respond.

john h on 11/03/02 at 10:40 (099153)

No Elliott buddy I did not mean you as you of all people would stand up and say what you thought regardless. By the way I am about as good a profilier as were all thos sniper profliers we saw on TV. I still have a good guess abouut old Bill. He is actually a pretty good guy.