Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

severe foot pain

Posted by MARYG on 11/01/02 at 08:26 (098883)

hi there,i have just started a job at a local superstore, where i am on my feet for 8-10 hrs.daily stannding and alot of walking i have tried sneakers,boots and flat shoes and my feet are screaming!!!!for the last 20 years i have sat behind a desk and have not done alot of walking, i come home at night in tears and have tried soaking,gel inserts and heal cuffs and i still remain in pain, i have never ever had any problems with my feet , i could always wear anytype of shoe and have always considered myself to have 'normal feet' and have never had the need for a foot doctor,
anything you can tell me i would appreciate!!!!!

Re: severe foot pain

Jan H. on 11/01/02 at 23:41 (098980)

Are they just tired or do they hurt more when you first get up. First thing I would try is a shoe with a pretty good size heel=like a cowboy boot.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 11/04/02 at 22:52 (099382)

Orthotics would probably help

Jan H. on 11/01/02 at 23:41 (098980)

Are they just tired or do they hurt more when you first get up. First thing I would try is a shoe with a pretty good size heel=like a cowboy boot.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 11/04/02 at 22:52 (099382)

Orthotics would probably help