Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Wendy... Children's Book Week in Canda

Posted by Suzanne D on 11/02/02 at 09:41 (099010)

Hi, Wendy. I've been on the internet this morning looking up things about my favorite week of school - CHildren's Book Week - which will be Nov. 18 -24 here in the U.S.

I found that in Canada it begins today! Today begins 'the 25th anniversary of the very first TD Canadian Children's Book Week - the single most important bilingual national event celebrating Canadian children's books and the importance of reading'.

That brings to mind that one of my children's favorite book series is the Franklin books written by a Canadian author, Paulette Bourgeous (I think I butchered the spelling of her last name.)

I couldn't remember exactly how old your youngest son is - maybe 8? - and I wondered if his school will be doing special things to celbrate Children's Book Week.

Have a good weekend!
Suzanne :-)

Re: Wendy... Children's Book Week in Canda

wendyn on 11/02/02 at 10:28 (099020)

I think they usually have some different activities (children's authors in to speak etc). I'm not exactly what they have happening.

My youngest is 9, and I know that he used to like the Franklin books. He does have a few of them. I bought him Jacob Two-Two meets the Hooded Fang (one of my favourites from when I was that age) by another Canadian Author - Mordich Richler (I know I'm spelling that wrong).

Suzanne D on 11/02/02 at 10:31 (099025)

I'm not familiar with that book which was one of your favorites, but the title intrigues me. I will check into finding it!

Hope you have a good weekend and that your son continues enjoying books!

wendyn on 11/02/02 at 10:28 (099020)

I think they usually have some different activities (children's authors in to speak etc). I'm not exactly what they have happening.

My youngest is 9, and I know that he used to like the Franklin books. He does have a few of them. I bought him Jacob Two-Two meets the Hooded Fang (one of my favourites from when I was that age) by another Canadian Author - Mordich Richler (I know I'm spelling that wrong).

Suzanne D on 11/02/02 at 10:31 (099025)

I'm not familiar with that book which was one of your favorites, but the title intrigues me. I will check into finding it!

Hope you have a good weekend and that your son continues enjoying books!